Pennsylvania-Central

Cameron Inn Estates- Mt. Joy

Has anyone had their reception at the Cameron Inn Estates in Mt. Joy, PA?  I've read really mixed reviews.  Also, does anyone know more about their pricing?  I'm hoping to schedule a visit to the site, but if anyone has any knowledge about it, I'd appreciate first hand experiences. 

Re: Cameron Inn Estates- Mt. Joy

• edited December 2011
    Mine is in Manchester... it's about 20 minutes from New Cumberland.  Are you looking to be exactly in New Cumberland?  Or would you travel to York or stay in Harrisburg where you are having your reception?
  • edited December 2011
    Wow... that somehow posted to the wrong post.  I'm sorry.  I saw pictures of the Cameron Estates Inn, but that's it.  Sorry I can't help more!
  • edited December 2011
    I got some pricing from them and at like 20-40 a plate I was very turned off. I didn't pursue anything further after I found out the prices but thats all I know. Sorry couldn't be more helpful :/ GL
  • aras8609aras8609 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks for the help! Knowing that it is so expensive is important especially b/c we don't have a really big budget. 
  • higgydt4higgydt4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a site tour about a month ago. They are very expensive, especially if you are having a Saturday wedding. I don't remember the exact prices since I threw the information away, but you are required to spend AT LEAST $7,500 on just the food alone. Since I am having a small wedding, approx 70 people, it wasn't worth it for me. Maybe it would be if you had a gigantic wedding.
  • edited December 2011
    I've also looked into the Cameron Estate Inn, and I agree with the other 2 posters it is very expensive. If we got what we wanted it would of been way of $10,000 which is way over our price limit.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Yellow Grace got married there and although it was beautiful, she had some trouble with them along the way. You may want to talk to her more about the details but from my understanding, they can be hard to work with.
  • edited December 2011
    I went there for a tour also.  Loved it, but found it expensive and inflexible since we were looking for a BBQ type meal.  I also heard from another venue that a girl came to them in tears trying to book a new place a month before the wedding because of something that they apparently lied about.  Our site is Pheasant Run Farm B&B which we think is almost as beautiful and WAY more reasonable.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for letting me know guys! If anyone else knows of other sites around Harrisburg, I'd love to get some opinions.  I'm just engaged and in a very preliminary stage of planning, but I'm trying to figure out a nice place that is reasonably inexpensive.
  • edited December 2011
    You may want to check out Pheasant Run Farm. My friends got married there and they had a tight budget. I think the meals were only $25 per person. It was beautiful. I liked the farm-y feel with the horses and the grounds were well landscaped. They had the ceremony outside in mid-April and it wasn't muddy or anything.

When you say "reasonably inexpensive" what exactly are you thinking? This could range from one person to another.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah.. that's the problem.  I don't even know what I mean! I have no idea what kind of budget I have or how much things cost.  I know my parents are going to give me $7500 but other than that... I'm clueless.
  • edited December 2011
    Aras,

My suggestion is to determine a budget and set it in stone. $7500 is an awesome amount to get from your parents! Do you think you could match that amount? Then you would have a $15,000 wedding which is a great budget to work with!

Do you know your guest count?

Do you have any idea on a wedding "theme" or how you might want the environment to feel like? (For instance, very formal, semi-formal, hotel, Vintage, Cook-out, Picnic, rustic, Ourside, inside, etc....) I think if you can determine those areas that we could better help you.

Would I recommend the Cameron Estate Inn? Not personally (and it has nothing to do with COST, as I think it's reasoble in cost). They have a bad reputation and I know of several brides that said that they were difficult to work with at times. Plus, the wedding/reception doesn't take place in the gorgeous Inn, it takes place in the guest house, which was a little let down for me.

We're all willing to help once you have some more concrete ideas about budget and personal preferences.
  • edited December 2011
    I have heard plenty of good things about Pheasant Run!  I too have not heard great things about CIE.  I have a friend who had a very harsh experience with them. 

That all being said there are a bunch of great venues out there.  Like Khart said, $7500 is a great gift...espcecially if you can match it.  FI and I started a savings plan a couple weeks after getting engaged and we stuck with it.  We essentially paid over 2/3rds of our wedding costs this way.  My venue, Lancaster Marriott, has a high per head price however it includes everything (tax, gratuity, linens, open bar, cocktails...you name it).... nail down that guest list first!!  Good Luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks guys! I appreciate all of the info.  It saves me a trip from having to look at them, especially if you're saying you don't even have the reception at the inn and it's in a guest house instead (boo)..

Unfortunately, II think Pheasant Run might be a bit far since I'm pretty certain we're going to plan on having the ceremony at my church in Harrisburg. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards