Maryland
Options

calling on brides that have had/planning at home weddings...

My FI has a beautiful home w/ a large backyard. We are really trying to stay with a strict budget. In fact, i was happy with a destination wedding w/ just a few close friends & family but it seems to be growing. Is it more cost effective to just rent a banquet facility?? Anyone planning an at home wedding?? Any ideas or affordable vendors you have used would be most helpful!! Thanks:)

Re: calling on brides that have had/planning at home weddings...

• Options
    troesch1troesch1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    it's easier to do an all-in-one place but they're expensive and not always very personal. You can find caterers that will come to your place and do everything, but again $. It's crazy how all the little costs add up like $1 per plate rental and every other little thing you can think of. I worked w/ stone soup catering and they would have been very accomidating with great food but would have been too high for me in the end. Red hot and blue have great, affordable packages where they'll take care of all things food related (servers, clean up, paper goods) and had packages that were 15+ pp depending on what you're getting the best part is: everyone loves their food!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we were actually thinkig of doing this but the quote we ended up getting to rent the tent, tables,chairs, linens, etc ending up being over $5,000 for 200 guests.  when you add all of the other wedding items (food, bar, dress, photos, etc) it ended up being too much for us.  either way you go, good luck!
  • Options
    heidilynn43heidilynn43 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am doing an at-home wedding on my parents' farm. It will likely end up being close to the cost of renting a banquet hall, but we are being very cautious about our spending and finding great deals. It easily could have cost us twice what we are paying. I think the main reason we are doing it is because it is very meaningful to us. If you are trying to save money, it CAN be done, but you have to be really really thrifty. Also keep in mind that some vendors just don't do outdoor/off-site weddings. Feel free to ask any specific questions :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married on my farm in Maryland this Spring.  So far from what I can tell, the rentals are pretty darn expensive... I'm planning to get a tent, since it's quite possible it may rain in April, and that in itself is pretty pricey.  But I like being able to do things my way, to include having a bonfire later that night!
  • Options
    heidilynn43heidilynn43 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    AnnaB264, very cool, we are doing a bonfire afterwards as well!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards