December 2012 Weddings

12/12/12

Hi there! Question for you December ladies. We just got the ring and made it official. Now we are starting to plan. I have many ideas running through my head, and this is one of them. Wanting to know from you other Dec. ladies if you would even think it's doable... 12/12/12 is a special date, not only because it's cool, and it's an anniversary of sorts for fi and me. But the number 12 is also my name. So needless to say, 12 is a thing for me. I was thinking a small celebration - only around 30 people, probably less because as it's a Wednesday and shorter notice, less people would be able to make it. Do you think it's even possible to plan something that short out for a 12/12 date, if I found an available venue/photog? Meaning the dress orders and details... Also, orange is my color. So would it be weird to have a lot of orange at a Dec. wedding? (It would also prob. be on the ocean btw) Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: 12/12/12

• I think that anything is doable if you put the effort in and make it work. Having a smaller wedding gives you a lot more options. I think you stil have plenty of time to plan for a Decemeber wedding. So far for me, I've noticed that most people are not booked up for the winter like they are in the summer. Color wise, I think you can do whatever colors you want. We aren't including anything christmasy at all. Our colors are a chocolate brown and hunter green. We settled on those because we like them and not because of the season of our wedding. Good luck with your planning! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • <div>Agree on all counts!</div><div>
    </div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_december-2012-weddings_121212?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:165a14a2-af2b-4bfc-bce4-0a4d9e0ba45bDiscussion:db0050c8-3387-42ca-a53b-d0a40f2fbc2aPost:eccd3e67-3d57-4571-90b6-27a51f6f50b6">Re: 12/12/12</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think that anything is doable if you put the effort in and make it work. Having a smaller wedding gives you a lot more options. I think you stil have plenty of time to plan for a Decemeber wedding. So far for me, I've noticed that most people are not booked up for the winter like they are in the summer. Color wise, I think you can do whatever colors you want. We aren't including anything christmasy at all. Our colors are a chocolate brown and hunter green. We settled on those because we like them and not because of the season of our wedding. Good luck with your planning! 
    Posted by angelaac8706[/QUOTE]
  • edited June 2012
    I'm a 12/12/12 bride also. Its our daughter's 5th birthday. We are doing a destination wedding with around 3040 people. We've booked our ceremony, and that's all. All we have to do is choose where to have a reception and pay for our hotel stay. Then I just need to pick out my dress and we're good to go. You can totally do it. And if you like orange than who cares. Do it.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I think it is totally doable!  You can do anything if you put your mind to it.  I also feel that you can do whatever color you want.  There are no "rules".  You could make your wedding very different and original.... your guests may love it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Birthday
  • @hannahmassey-

are you finding that people are ok with a destination wedding on a Wednesday? I'm from Sac as well, and was thinking about the coast. Just wasn't sure how people would react to a week day wedding, somewhere 2 hours from here, only 6 months away! I guess it would keep the cost down if less people could come... :/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Im getting married 12/8 its doable! Destination wedding. Las Vegas...I;m very excited.Good Luck
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm getting married 12/12/12 but we are going to the courthouse then to our honeymoon...once we return we will have a beautiful reception at my Brother's house in his backyard. Orange is a nice color as long as you coordinate everything. Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Sounds good to me! It's your day; have it whenever you want!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • You can do WHATEVER you put your mind to. I'm 12-12-12 also and it'll be the 2 of us and the Justice of the Peace. A reception will be after we get back from our honeymoon 12-22-12. But if we wanted an actual wedding we would plan for it...you can do it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We just decided last week to get married 12/15/12 and booked the venue yesterday! Let the planning begin! You can totally do it :)
  • Yay...I'm also 12/15!! :-)
    Almost there...
    Miranda "Tea For Teacher" http://teaforteacher.wordpress.com
  • I'm also a 12/12/12 bride and we are planning a wedding approx 2 hours from where we live.  It'd be a detsination wedding for all guests.  We are looking to have 20 at most, due to the date, however, those who want to come will come.

I've been researching venues, however, we aren't actually planning just yet due to other things going on at the moment.  It can happen.  Congrats!
  • EmmalcEmmalc member
    First Comment
    Hi, I am getting married 12/12/12 at a quaint restaurant with about 50 guests. I can't wait! I think your plans sound doable and orange is lovely!
  • im doing it and we just decided this weekend to go ahead and do the wedding ceremony too. so lots to do, but you can do it! good luck. my fiance is in the military so we knew we may not actually get a wedding if we didn't do it all at the same time! :)
  • edited September 2012
    I'm also 12/15 too! :
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards