Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

WEEKEND!

I don't know if anyone is around on the weekends here anymore, but what the heck. ;-)

Just got back from volunteering this morning for the last time until probably February.  It will be so nice to sleep in on Saturdays for a change!

I have to admit I'm fuming right now though.  Remember that group project I worked so hard on?  My professor just posted our grades online and my individual grade...was a B.  A friggin' B.  How the hell do I put 32 hours of my own time into a group project, do more than was required, etc and my individual grade is a B?  Holy crap.  I haven't been this mad in a looooong time.

Everyone's Christmas shopping done?  I have a few more gifts to buy today on Amazon for FI's parents and my niece and nephew, but then I will be officially finished!
Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: WEEKEND!

• Options
    Today is Miller Christmas!

My ILs' house is crazy pants.

We boarded our dogs here in Waco until Wednesday and I am saaaad without them.  =(
    Anniversary

• Options
    I am working my last day of 20 straight days. I am beat!

We got a new puppy yesterday, a 10-12 week old shepherd mix. Took him to the vet this morning, and he's looking to be 80+ pounds within the next few months. Puppy is going to need to work on his ball curling skills if he plans to share space in our bed. I ended up on the couch with our two terriers last night who are PO'ed at the new addition and refused to get into bed with him.
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
    I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
  • Options
    Professor - Woo, Christmas! You'll have to let us know what ya get. :)  Sorry about your pups. :(  I'm sure they are being well taken care of and they will be SO happy to see you on Wednesday!

Feb - We need puppy pics!  Congrats on the new puppy. :)  I remember when my brother bought a puppy when he lived in Plano near my parents.  He had a hard time taking care of it working long hours and living alone at the time, so Oreo ended up at my parents house a lot.  We already had a shih tzu (Nikki) at our house and she was probably 8 years old at the time.  Nikki had been the only dog in the house for 5+ years so she was really used to her space and getting all the love. Oreo pissed her off really badly for a few weeks, but after that, they got to the point where they were inseparable.  Give it a few weeks and it will get a lot better... they just have to establish who's who and whatnot and it will be all good.
  • Options
    Happy weekend! 

We've been househunting this weekend. We looked at 2 yesterday. One was a fannie mae house. The outside was just adorable. The inside was just terrible.  

Copper is getting on my nerves this morning. He is being extra needy. :(
  • Options
    Yay Feb for last day of crazy season!! The countdown is on for your wedding! We went and watched high school football yesterday at Cowboys Stadium and a great day weather wise for tailgating, etc...I love football! Today we're finishing our Christmas shopping, for a 6 year old boy who wants nothing. I never really thought that would be a problem, but ugh,this is killing us!
  • Options
    No pics on my comp yet, but here's his Petfinder link: http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/21707672

We renamed him Bourbon. We came to the conclusion that he was probably the alpha male of his litter from how much he has been instigating trouble. Toby (our 6 year old) finally put him in his place and bit his nose, but our oldest is still adjusting to the thought of sharing space.
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
    I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_weekend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:f7d02db5-a8df-40bf-8d86-94ce4b55457fPost:b665901e-9e81-4f4f-8cb0-5e6f10d24bd4">Re: WEEKEND!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yay Feb for last day of crazy season!! The countdown is on for your wedding! We went and watched high school football yesterday at Cowboys Stadium and a great day weather wise for tailgating, etc...I love football! Today we're finishing our Christmas shopping, for a 6 year old boy who wants nothing. I never really thought that would be a problem, but ugh,this is killing us!
    Posted by winechic25[/QUOTE]
    Who did you watch? My kids that I tutor go to Argyle- they were so excited about going to state. It was just heartbreaking that they lost. 
  • Options
    Feb, he is so cute!!!  :)

Crash - did you like the second house much or were they both a no-go?  I can't wait until FI and I are at the point we can go house hunting, but I'm afraid that's a loooong way away for us.

I saw that on the news yesterday that a bunch of high school teams played at Jerry's World.  That's got to be such an awesome experience as a high school football player.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_weekend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:f7d02db5-a8df-40bf-8d86-94ce4b55457fPost:d2b12403-b847-44f3-80d8-e7dde4847352">Re: WEEKEND!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Feb, he is so cute!!!  :)<strong> Crash - did you like the second house much or were they both a no-go?  </strong>I can't wait until FI and I are at the point we can go house hunting, but I'm afraid that's a loooong way away for us. I saw that on the news yesterday that a bunch of high school teams played at Jerry's World.  That's got to be such an awesome experience as a high school football player.
    Posted by angelsong21[/QUOTE]
    The second one needed way too much work. The only good rooms in the house were the living room (but would still need new floor) and the master bathroom. It had the garage converted to a guest house in the back...but even that needed a crap ton more work than it was worth.  (This is the Fannie Mae house)<div>
    </div><div>The first one we went to was an older home and it was nice. But I just don't think that's the one. The realtor we went with was really awesome he showed us some water damage in the master bath and looked for signs of foundation issues. </div>
  • Options
    @ aeliza06 - we went and watched the Southlake Carroll game, it's my Alma Mater and sadly enough I'm old enough to remember the first year we ever won state! Although I must say, I didn't know if they'd be able to pull it off, it was truly an awesome win!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards