Chit Chat

Let's Post About Why Our FIs are Amazing! :)

I thought it would be fun to start a positive post on why we all think our FIs are amazing! It's also nice not to worry about planning and such things :)

I think my FI is amazing because....

He makes me laugh, he sits down to talk to me seriously when I'm upset about something in life, he supports me through all the ups and downs of life, and he's just so darn cuddly Smile

Let's spread the love!!! 

Re: Let's Post About Why Our FIs are Amazing! :)

• My FI lets me have my little quirks and loves me even when im acting a little crazy, he holds my hand every night before bed or we cuddle(depending how hot it is in our room). He loves my family, he lets me cook even though im awful!
    Vacation Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_lets-post-fis-amazing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:f2fe6013-a90b-46bc-8043-dba50698d098Post:deb82358-7c2c-4ad7-9ebe-9b7d02762171">Re: Let's Post About Why Our FIs are Amazing! :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]My FI lets me have my little quirks and loves me even when im acting a little crazy, he holds my hand every night before bed or we cuddle(depending how hot it is in our room). He loves my family, he lets me cook even though im awful!
    Posted by HBaker82407[/QUOTE]

this is why i love mine too....today i'm having one of those days where you just wanna curl up in a ball and cry and he knew this so he showed up on my lunch break with flowers and talked to me
  • Awwww how sweet! We're all so lucky! Smile
  • Arayx2Arayx2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I think my FI is amazing because he is a great father to our son. He coaches 2 varsity sports, came home from college to take care of his mom, and is a Special Education teacher.

I also think he is special because he has a great butt :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Aw I like this thread!
    My FI's amazing because he not only can handle me when I'm at my worst (which has been often w/ a lot of stuff going on in my life) but he makes me feel better every time.  Whether it's just talking for a few hours about it or calling me over lunch to tell me he bought us tickets for a dinner cruise with music/dancing back home where I'm from :).  He's also amazing because he's an awesome griller, spoils me rotten, acts 5 yo when he's excited about something (guy-giddy) and the most honest/ethical person I know.  He's also 99% of the time so sweet and gracious every night I make dinner telling me how great it is even if sometimes it's not so good.  
    I really didn't think good-looking, smart/hard-working, AND genuinely nice men existed before I met my FI :).
    Anniversary
  • edited May 2011

What a nice idea!  My FI has dinner started when I get home from work every day, and usually a load of laundry, too, even though he "works harder" than I do Wink (I have a desk job; his is physical). He is a fantastic father to our son, as well as to my three teenagers. He considers himself a dad to them, not a step-dad, which I think is awesome. He is handy around the house and maintains the cars, and is teaching my boys how to do that stuff, too. He's the kindest, most honest, good-hearted man I've ever met, but he doesn't let people walk all over him (like I do). But mostly, he's amazing because at the end of the day, no matter if I've been grouchy or if the kids have been getting on our nerves, he always pulls me into his arms and tells me how much he loves me and how thankfull HE is to have ME! He is incredible.

• this is a nice thread =)

Mine is amazing cuz he puts up with my weirdness. I'm not crazy, but I am weird. I have a bit of an oral fixation which makes me like to chew on things, which I can mostly control unless i've been drinking and then he puts up with me biting his shirt/arm/beard. he's a chef, but he puts up with my finicky eating - the list of things i don't eat is much longer than the list of things i do, food on my plate can't touch each other, and i have to cut up everything on my plate before i can eat it. and i speedread, which i know drives him nuts cuz he's suuuuuper slow at reading.

mostly... i have a lot of quirks and he thinks they're all adorable and never makes me feel bad or like a freak. =)
    Rocking the Dress with my Bestie
    Vacation
    Married Bio
    Day Zero / Blog
  • My FI is amazing for many reasons but I will just list a few.

1. He makes up songs for me (cute little jingles) and sings them to me all the time.
    2. He is so sweet to me.
    3. He never raises his voice and is almost always calm.
    4. He loves me for me. I am about 30lbs overweight and I stress about it all the time, but he always calms me down and tells me how beautiful I am.
    5. He loves children and he is a great teacher!
    6. He is so thoughtful with all the people in his life.

And so many more reasons..........
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • He's hilarious, puts up with my OCD Type A ways, an amazing griller, and always does the dishes after I cook. Plus, he likes to pull out all the stops on my birthday and holidays (even when I tell him not to), and he's the same kind of crazy as me.
    Anniversary
  • babs972babs972 member
    First Comment
    Mine is amazing be he is just  big goofball.  He has a ton of heart, and is just the right amount of cocky.  He is a goober and funny and gets my stupid jokes.  He gets me and i get him.  :)  Not to mention he is pretty easy on the eyes .. *eye brow wiggle*
    Buying A Home
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_lets-post-fis-amazing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:f2fe6013-a90b-46bc-8043-dba50698d098Post:988b2d4a-1e44-42c6-b79e-ee3b7d36a6d1">Re: Let's Post About Why Our FIs are Amazing! :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think my FI is amazing because he is a great father to our son. He coaches 2 varsity sports, came home from college to take care of his mom, and is a Special Education teacher.<strong> I also think he is special because he has a great butt :)</strong>
    Posted by Arayx2[/QUOTE]

<div>Mine does too. mmm mmm mmmmm!</div><div>
    </div><div>Mine's pretty awesome cause he promised me he was going to beat the hornet up that stung me lol. He also knows what part of my back to rub based on my mood :)</div>
  • ha - My FI and I got in a huge argument earlier this week so it's nice to think about the positive. 

He is always kind.  
    He never has a bad word to say about anyone. 
     We are a team and he's never treated me as anything but an equal.  
    I've never doubted his love for me.  
    He makes an effort to be friends with my family members.  
    He loves kids and gives up hours a week to work with them.
    He never questions my commitment to my career
    He would drop anything if I needed him and has, several times.

There's so much more.  But that was helpful.  :)  
  • My FI also coaches 2 varsity sports and is an special education teacher! How funny! Props to you as well- I know how trying the significant other of a coach can be! :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My list is so incredibly long but the main reason i think he is amazing is becasue he loves me no matter what we have been through, and we've been there and back!!! :)
     I am still head over hills for this man
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image Future Mrs.Hellem
  • bc he just gave me half of his egg sandwich just because he thought it was so amazing and he wanted me to eat something amazing (he said this...lol)

but he just called me a dillweed..so umm maybe he's not so amazing..

kidding

he keeps calling this site tietheknot.com lol and is distracting me from this post

sorry okay he is amazing because of all of our walks, bike rides, talks, going shopping with me even though he hates it, when he tries to surprise me, bc he loves me even when I am being dramatic and get angry..b.c we play fight and tickle bc he acts like a kid (well sometimes that makes me annoyed haha), for his love of animals, and the way he looks at me.

• My FI is amazing because he'd love me even if I was bald :)
  • medatcmedatc member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    My FI is amazing because he hand addressed all of our save the date post cards today!! (and he was happy to do it)
  • DH is amazing because he successfully got me to have fun this weekend and not worry about things going on at home / finances while on vacation.

He also gives the most amazing feet rubs. He knows how to get me to laugh. He knows exactly how to cool me down when I'm about to go apesh*t on something/someone. He has the cutest butt. He allows me to give abandoned animals homes (however we're now at full capacity lol).  He makes little cute jingles about the animals, me, the day and those tickle me.

I could continue on and on as I'm sure everyone could :)

He's totally my sexy yankee :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_lets-post-fis-amazing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:f2fe6013-a90b-46bc-8043-dba50698d098Post:988b2d4a-1e44-42c6-b79e-ee3b7d36a6d1">Re: Let's Post About Why Our FIs are Amazing! :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I also think he is special because he has a great butt :)
    Posted by Arayx2[/QUOTE]

Same here. My fiance has the most amazingly wonderful man-butt ever!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards