Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Another alterations questions

I was reading the post below about Louise and alterations and now I am confused.  I currently live in southern Missouri and am getting married in Minnesota.  I recently purchased my dress (David's Bridal style SWG9902) and I am going to be doing some major alterations to it, adding a corset back and off the shoulder sleeves, and possibly more length.  I am really cautious about going to David's for the alterations because of horror stories I have heard, but at the same time I am not sure that I will want to have alterations done all the way up in Minnesota because I only visit about 4 times a year.  The reason why I ask now even though the wedding is not until July of 2011, is because the dress is set to be in at the end of March which coincides with a trip I am taking up to MSP and I think it may be easier to transport the dress via airplane rather than in the car with me, my fi, the two dogs, and all the crap we take with us when we visit, not to mention my parents have room to store the dress and I don't.  So can someone give me their opinions on having alterations done from far away, and maybe pm me Louise's contact information.  Sorry that was so long... 
PhotobucketPhotobucketWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Another alterations questions

• drdifabiodrdifabio member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would personally recommend having alterations done where you live - I would want my dress close by so I could get fitted whenever.
  • LittleSweetieLittleSweetie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto.  Ask your local board (to where you live) who they would recommend for alterations in the area.  With so much being done to your dress, it would be better to have the option to go back in for appointments rather than the dress being stuck up here.  Would you even be up here enough to do the alterations?  Seems like your only option is a MO seamstress...?
    Our big girl, Cora, and our sneaky kitty, Roxy

Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
  • edited December 2011

yes def ditto!!!  Most times Louise can get you done in 3 fittings - but you need so much work that it may be four or five - and they are always a week apart - it doesn't sound like the right fit even though she is amazing.  good luck!

• edited December 2011
    I would see if David's Bridal can ship it to your house, or a David's Bridal down there (don't know if they have any down there). And get it fitted down where you live.
    Trying to Conceive Ticker "All that I'm after is a life full of laughter, As long as I'm laughing with you" Planning Bio image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards