April 2013 Weddings

April Showers.....

I'm not sure what the weather is by everyone.  But, here in NY the old saying "April showers bring May flowers" absolutely applies.   So, I've decided to just go with it.  If I tell myself now that it's likely going to pour on my wedding day, then I'll either be pleasantly surprised when it doesn't or ready for it when it does.  My girls are probably going to wear bright yellow knee-length dresses.  I am playing around with the idea of getting yellow umbrellas for all of the girls and silver for all of the guys - I'll have a white one and my Fi will have a black one.  I'm thinking an awesome umbella photo shoot could be cool.  In addition, I'm going to buy each of the BMs pashmina-type scarves (probably $5 ones from a street vendor in the city) in case it's chilly.   Since my colors involve lemons, I'm trying to preemptively make lemonade! ;)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Green Tree Country Club

New Rochelle, NY

Re: April Showers.....

• That is a really cute idea!  I am not too far away from you, in NJ, and I am hoping April is like it was last year.  Beautiful weather and little rain.

I love the cute pic ideas it comes with!  I just worry about the humidity and my hair. lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The weather is so unpredictable, year-round in NC so we went ahead and booked a tent.  If it rains a little bit, it's cool, everyone can eat under the tent and we'll have a smaller tent that we can set up as a hallway type pass through from the house to the tent so people don't get wet in the five seconds that they walk to the tent.  If the weather is truly horrible, the company won't even set the tent up and we'll just have everyone get cozy inside the house.  It's over 6,000 square feet so I think we'll be okay ;-)
  • Eh, it may rain - it is NJ in April. We're hoping not. But we're mostly indoors so if it rains we'll be ok.

Actually, I had a friend who had an almost entirely outdoor wedding planned. She was distraught when it was pouring all day. Turns out not only was it wonderful and fun, her pictures are so unique and beautiful because of the umbrellas and the rain. So...I'm not too worried :)
  • I am figuring it will rain in April... Plan for the worst and hope for the best!

I decided not to do dyeable shoes because it might rain and I bought clear umbrellas for everyone in the wedding party.  I was even thinking of rain boots in case it rained!
  • I figure there's a good chance it will rain in IN as well, but I'm hoping we get lucky like we did this year. Ours is an entirely indoor wedding, but the reception space is a short drive away. I hadn't thought of buying everyone umbrellas...but that's a great idea!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    So ready to bring our families together and PARTY on April 13th, 2013!
    image 225 Invited
    image 53 Are ready to party!
    image 18 Will be missing out!
    image 154 Are MIA!
    Reply requested by March 23.
  • same here in CT! with the crazy nice weather we had this april who knows what it will look like in a few months. FI and I visited our venue  1 year out to see what the grounds looked like... it was soooo GREEN, and a beautiful afternoon, though slightly breezy. I like the idea of getting the girls pashimas. I was also thinking about this too. I also am going to purchase a few clear bubble umbrellas! I love the look of them!!!! I am prepared to have our ceremony inside, and am perfectly fine with this bc I love our venue.
    148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • What part of NC are you getting married in LCH?

Hopefully it will be nice for our weddings. ;) Our's is all indoors, but my hair on a rainy day looks like a brillo pad. LOL
  • Ahhhhh I had to read this post because call me crazy, but we are planning for an outdoor ceremony in IN in April. Sighs. FI is way more optimistic than I. But am now just accepting that whatever we get,we will make it a good day. So all the best to all;))
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yeah, I am expecting rain and wind; it's often quite terrible weather here in April, but it's the time that worked best for us to plan the wedding. I'd really like to get some outdoor photos, and won't mind doing a few if it's a bit rainy, but if the wind is up I know it won't be possible. Like PP said, just plan for the worst and hope for the best.
  • Steffi-Lake Gaston, NC!!  You?
  • I'm scared it will rain as well. I don't care - I like the rain and will get umbrellas for everyone. But my church doesn't have a front waiting area- so I'd have to walk outside along the side o the church and straight up the stairs straight into the church with everyone watching so I would need someone there to take my umbrella and then fluff my dress. What a pain!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Orangehills-could you rent an inexpensive tent to put in front of the church in case it does rain?  I'm renting a 10X10 for $50 to use as my "hallway" tent from the house to the big tent.  Something like that isn't too expensive and would give you some relief from the rain.
  • Yea I'm hoping for good weather in NC! I like your idea With the umbrellas.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_april-showers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:215c2917-036d-4083-b560-60e7daaa1e48Post:158039b5-509b-4d68-8db1-cc0be94bcc67">Re: April Showers.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Steffi-Lake Gaston, NC!!  You?
    Posted by lch0708[/QUOTE]

Gaston County, NC LOL The other side of the state.
  • So you know how sometimes you read a thread title and you think it's going to be about one thing and it's totally not! That's me today. I was thinking maybe I was going to get to read about a (granted) very early wedding shower or some such thing, not rain :/ Silly me...

I like the idea of umbrellas for the BP if it may rain, but I would probably have the girls with the silver and the men with the yellow for a little more color contrast. On a side tangent, do you watch How I Met Your Mother? Yellow umbrellas at a wedding is so appropriate :)

It doesn't usually rain at the end of April in Cali, although it's possible. If that happends we'll have to rent some tents, but I'm confident that won't be an issue. Usually our rainy season here is November-January, maybe february, and often in the beginning or end of June, just in time for school to get out.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    April 2013 September Siggy Challenge
    Red Horse Barn, Huntington Beach, CA
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards