Wedding Etiquette Forum

This Can't Be Real, Right...?

Etiquette probably isn't the place for this, but I lurk on this board the most so I thought I'd share--I came across this article:

Scroll down to the 'Bridezilla Buddy' Question. It's just....yeah.
Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: This Can't Be Real, Right...?

• I would NOT be waiting to be fired as a MOH.. I would have just quit.   

Who needs friends like that?

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • I agree. I wouldn't keep someone like that in my life.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • What's horrible is that the stress can't be good for her already delicate pregnancy. What a terrible friend!
  • While she's a horrible bride for treating her friend that way.... I'm more depressed about the story on the bottom of the page about the domestic violence case. 
  • I think it would have taken all my strength not to slap my so called friend who hoped I would miscarry.  I can't believe people act like this!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Dude, that was a depressing read from top to bottom. From the kid purposely left out at christmas to the bridezilla nightmare to the domestic violence, yeesh. Poor families. 
    Anniversary
  • We've had our own issues with pregnancy, and I can't imagine anyone so flippantly making a comment about miscarrying like that. I know some brides go into 'zilla mode and vent secretly about a pregnant BM or MoH but to actually say that to someone...wow. 

"While she's a horrible bride for treating her friend that way.... I'm more depressed about the story on the bottom of the page about the domestic violence case."

I just read that--that was awful and disturbing. I can't imagine the anguish that person must be living with. 

Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That is just sickening. I would not attend the wedding at all if I were the pregnant MOH. I was actually in a wedding where the bride was pissed when another BM became pregnant. There were many other factors involved, but they haven't spoken since the wedding.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersFollow Me on Pinterest
  • I read these yesterday and couldn't believe it.  I almost posted it too.  I never would have believed there were people like this unless I had been on these boards before our wedding....

• Dear Prudence has to be made up. It's always so over the top crazy.
  • Why do some brides act as though a pregnant woman is some kind of gargoyle that's going to infect all of the photos with the plague? My MoH was 9 months pregnant in my wedding. She looked great. I'll be able to point to her bump in pictures and tell my God-son "there you are!"

That whole Dear Prudie made me have to stop and take a moment to pray for humanity.
  • It's astonishing how selfish people can be. The whole article was depressing though. The poor mom with cancer...and the abusive boyfriend...
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_this-cant-be-real-right?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2394f387-4d63-400c-b54c-a9f282dc3fc4Post:65dfbae7-9853-490c-8f72-f74a4b7a2b55">Re: This Can't Be Real, Right...?</a>:
    [QUOTE]While she's a horrible bride for treating her friend that way.... I'm more depressed about the story on the bottom of the page about the domestic violence case. 
    Posted by MoonlightSilver[/QUOTE]

I would have slapped the bride and left.

I also went down and read that story. :( How terrible :(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Dear Prudie always makes me worry about humanity, and thankful that my problems are relatively minor at the same time. 

I don't understand the attitude about preggo BMs I keep reading about either. One of mine told me she's pregnant, after a miscarriage earlier in the year, and wouldn't be able to fly to my destination wedding. The only reaction I had was to be excited for them, and tell her she was still a bridesmaid in spirit, even if she can't be at the actual wedding. 

Am I sad she and her H can't be there? Absolutely, but only because they're among my favorite people, and are a bundle of fun. I honestly can't imagine being anything but happy for her. 

And if my wedding were somewhere she wouldn't have to fly to, she'd still be in the wedding, no question. I like how one PP mentioned being able to point to her wedding pictures and tell her godson "look, there you are!" 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Why wouldn't you want a glowing, beautiful bridesmaid?  The MOH should gracefully bow out on her own, whether or not to attend the wedding is up to her.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards