Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Where to honeymoon... private cabin or cruise?

1) Go to a private cabin near Colorado Springs and spend 2 days up there just kinda touring... 4 days total- 1 day driving up, 2 days there, and 1 day driving back. Cost around around $1100 total

2) go on a 5 day cruise to mexico, leave from new orleans... don't know exact itenerary yet, but it would cost around $700 for the cruise itself plus spending money...
forever one Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Where to honeymoon... private cabin or cruise?

• Options

I voted cruise but I am a beach vacation kind of girl, not so much the private cabin.  I did the private cabin thing after my first wedding though and it was OK.  But to me a cruise gives you more for your money.

• Options
    I would do the cruise because I am not much of a private cabin type of person. If you like the feeling of isolation, a lot of privacy, etc., then it would be great! Just not my cup of tea. I also feel like you'd get more relaxation or actual vacation time with the cruise.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Options
    I voted private cabin just because I'm not a cruise person.  I've been on two, and I didn't enjoy them.

But I think I'm really alone in that. 

Also, I would choose a different option.  I feel like with $1000 I would probably just go to a city I've been wanting to go to and stay in a nice hotel.  I'm a city-gal though.

SaveSave
  • Options
    I would do the cruise because of greater total length of vacation time. If you rent the cabin, you really only get two days because you are spending the rest of the time traveling. I'd go on the cruise and then do Colorado in the winter at one of the ski towns..
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_where-to-honeymoon-private-cabin-or-cruise?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:d3c34edc-3719-4d6a-ba44-882520b90454Post:d519a071-2581-40a1-bdfc-cf89c4c7404e">Re: Where to honeymoon... private cabin or cruise?</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I would do the cruise because of greater total length of vacation time. </strong>If you rent the cabin, you really only get two days because you are spending the rest of the time traveling. I'd go on the cruise and then do Colorado in the winter at one of the ski towns..
    Posted by winniethepiglet[/QUOTE]<div>
     ditto.</div>
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I voted cruise because the vacation is longer, the location is better, food is included and it's cheaper.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited April 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_where-to-honeymoon-private-cabin-or-cruise?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:d3c34edc-3719-4d6a-ba44-882520b90454Post:9e8522ec-4a99-402d-b502-385c6ac3d904">Re: Where to honeymoon... private cabin or cruise?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am a private cabin kind of girl. <strong>I cruised once, felt like I didn't get to see any of the places we cruised to, and didn't really like eating dinner at a table full of strangers.</strong> That being said, a longer vacation where your meals are included is always nice. Is there a third option, you don't seem too excited about either one? A cheap flight to the Carribean to an all inclusive?
    Posted by Liatris2010[/QUOTE]

We love cruising! One of our favorite ways to travel! Your room, food, and onboard entertainment are all included. We love waking up to a new place each day, the fantastic service of the staff, and getting dressed up and going to dinner and a show each night.

In response to the bolded part above, I've found that booking excursions helps you see more and enjoy more of the island or location you're stopped at for the day. A lot of the time, you're taking a shuttle ride to the location where you're snorkeling/ziplining/river tubing/exploring, etc... and your guide points things out along the way and you get to see a lot more than just walking around the cruise port area.

Also, when dining in the formal dining room at night, you have to let them know when booking if you'd like a private table or if you're traveling with others that you'd like to sit together with no one else. Of all the cruises I've been on, H and I have always only sat at a 2 person table that was just for us, and when we cruised with another couple last year, we sat at a 4 person table for just the 4 of us. You definitely don't have to sit with strangers if you don't want to. But some people like it, H's parents cruise every year, and they always come back with stories of the friends they met at dinner.
  • Options
    herb0622herb0622 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2012
    I voted for the cruise mainly because I like the beach ! DH and I love cruising because it's basically all-inclusive since your food and lodging are included. We also like the idea of getting to see many places in a short time frame, because it can be expensive to visit the Caribbean without cruising. Plus, it's a longer trip :)

Anniversary
  • Options
    I would vote cruise, I have been on many and they are awesome. No matter where you go its about being with your new spouse! It will be perfect no matter the destination! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards