Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Opinions needed on Honeymoon

Hi there everyone! I was called by a registry company (Dinner 4 Two) to come in and listen to their presentation. At the end of the presentation they gave away a honeymoon package as a gift. 

I was wondering if anyone had ever won something like this and what your personal experience was with it. Ours is a five day, four night stay at a beach resort at certain locations in Mexico and the Bahamas. The hotel included in the package is a Wyndham Beach Resort, and all our food, drinks, and activites are included as well. 

I'm just looking to see if there are similar brides with my same story, and if they actually got what was present at the show. Any help or advice everyone has is appreciated!
Visit NewOrleans.Weddings.com Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Opinions needed on Honeymoon

• Options
    Sounds like it might be a timeshare gimmick.  If it sounds too good to be true...it usually is!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_opinions-needed-on-honeymoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:62c3e41e-9eeb-4521-93f8-afe343a4eb07Post:865978ea-d0c0-4af1-b6ea-bc145d0192fb">Re: Opinions needed on Honeymoon</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sounds like it might be a timeshare gimmick.  If it sounds too good to be true...it usually is!
    Posted by lulu4150[/QUOTE]

<div>I thought it was going to be as well haha! It was actually a cookware presentation (the pots were expensive!) A friend of mine won something similar, so i'm kind of hoping if she doesn't have trouble I won't. I guess we'll just have to wait and see before actually booking it.</div>
  • Options
    Dude, everyone "wins" this. It's a scam. Just forget it now. 
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    Gotcha. Thanks so much for the feedback, I really appreciate it!
  • Options
    I guess it's technically not a "scam" since you probably really do get the trip, but you really do "get what you paid for". First, you'll probabably have to sit through a 4 or 5 hour high pressure sales gimmick somewhere in a hotel around your area. Then, you'll probably have to pay all the taxes on the package which could be hundreds of dollars. And, you'd have to research this AI. Some, are not so very nice. When I was 18 I went down to one in Cancun. It was your basic drunk kids in a pool and will eat anything. It was great when I was 18, but I wouldn't do that for a HM. 
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Wedding Preview!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker

122image 110image 12image
  • Options
    It's not a gimmick per se... You do get what you came for. We got the same call and went, and it was an extremely pushy aggresive sales pitch for these waterless/greaseless cookware that was extremely expensive. They try to lure you in by cooking on it for you, we were told they would be cooking us dinner, instead we got a styrofoam plate of bland chicken and steamed vegetables...

When we went, we got a free pair of his and hers aprons and a choice between 2 trips (which did not include airfare, or taxes, which were pretty much equal to the cost of the trip itself!) or a gift certificate for 2 free wedding bands, and which were actually high quality so we took that, we just had to pay $25 S&H on both rings, and their retail cost was $300-$400.

I wouldn't recommend going, to me, the rings weren't really worth sitting through 3 hours (especially when the told me it would only be an hour, tops) of an aggressive sales pitch. The guy talked so fast it gave me a headache, and he seemed downright offended and annoyed that we'd sat through the entire thing and didn't want the cookware... oh well. At least FI has his wedding band picked out now! I'm getting mine but I'm selling it, as none of them were really  my style and the jeweller who designed my e-ring designed a matching band for me already thats gorgeous:) Hope this helps !
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    yes they got us as well it was cook ware and they said we got these 5night to use any time and all of that mess. I research the company that we had to mail a processing fee to called Organza or something like and they are a fraud don't do it. yes a big scam
    Mr. & Mrs. Griffin
  • Options
    we didn't buy the cook ware but a waste of time there listening to them could have been doing something else.
    Mr. & Mrs. Griffin
  • Options
    Thanks for letting me know everyone! We've decided after looking up a few other things about it that doesn't seem like a safe idea plus it's a trip to the beach in the middle of winter. We're getting married in January and although i'm sure the weather will be nice I'd rather see snow when I can get the chance. Never seen real snow being from South Louisiana. All your advice is really appreciated!
  • Options
    it isn't worth the trip. once you pay the deposit and resevervation fee, then the "taxes" it come to more than the actual trip is worth.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards