Ohio-Northeast
Options

wedding theme

I  been trying to think of a wedding theme to go with my wedding. Thinking to have my colors red and silver or a deep red burgundy with silver. What is a good theme to use?

Re: wedding theme

• Options
    JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What kinds of things are you and FI into? Do you both like to travel, hike, see movies/plays, enjoy throwback eras (40's, 50's, etc), read books, play sports (or watch certain teams if you are diehard fans), puzzles/games, schools you attended together, anything like that? Those can all be good starters to get the ideas flowing. Choose something that's appropriate for you and FI for a truly personal touch that guests will remember.

DH and I never actually 'chose' a theme.. it just kinda happened. We knew we wanted to use periwinkle and yellow as colors for our spring wedding, then we found an invitation we LOVED that had ivy embossed on it. Both of us are nature-lovers and I've always liked ivy anyway, so BAM -- that became the running 'theme'. It was on the invitation design, incorporated into the other paper stuff (maps, etc) and we used silk ivy as part of the decor. Real ivy was in the florals, too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    starshine985starshine985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with pp - try to find something you have in common.  Keep in mind, though, that a theme is not necessary.  DH and I used dark blue (think sapphire) and silver as our wedding colors, but never actually had a "theme".
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I totally agree...you don't necessarily have to have a theme. I had a color scheme and a modern look that I had wanted to go with until I found a picture of a cake that I absolutely adored and it changed my entire idea of what my wedding would be like. Just keep looking at pictures if you find something you like inspiration will come.

I do think that if you two love the era/movies I think that doing an old school movie theme might be cool with your colors.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards