Attire & Accessories Forum

Should I do a sweetheart neckline? POLL

Ok. So here is my dress, it already has a semi sweetheart look but not a lot of "dip" in the front.

The seamstress said she can do a sweetheart neckline. I have always wanted one, however, Im just a little worried that once I do it, there is no going back. What do you think?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Should I do a sweetheart neckline? POLL

• The picture isn't very close to the neck so it's hard to tell for sure. Is there a seam under the bust? I'm sure she wouldn't have suggested it if she wasn't confident that she can do it. I think a slight dip would be nice. Nothing too low. 

My gown has a sweatheart neckline that isn't super low:  http://www.pronovias.us/wedding-gown/pergola2012.html

Is that what you were thinking? My gown is cut a little higher on the sides than yours, which would be my own only concern about dipping the front a bit. I think as long as you just go for a little more of a dip and nothing too open, you would be fine.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_should-i-do-a-sweetheart-neckline-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:50d9dd01-f9b6-42cf-905b-12a474a762e4Post:e64f4b9f-df77-43e2-8316-4b951e9a9b01">Re: Should I do a sweetheart neckline? POLL</a>:
    [QUOTE]The picture isn't very close to the neck so it's hard to tell for sure. Is there a seam under the bust? I'm sure she wouldn't have suggested it if she wasn't confident that she can do it. I think a slight dip would be nice. Nothing too low.  My gown has a sweatheart neckline that isn't super low:  <a href="http://www.pronovias.us/wedding-gown/pergola2012.html" rel="nofollow">http://www.pronovias.us/wedding-gown/pergola2012.html</a> Is that what you were thinking? My gown is cut a little higher on the sides than yours, which would be my own only concern about dipping the front a bit. I think as long as you just go for a little more of a dip and nothing too open, you would be fine.
    Posted by christinamarie325[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your input. Yes, Im looking for just a *little*  more dip...I really dont want to expose too much :)
  • I was in the same boat. I had mine altered into a sweetheart and the dress is that much more amazing because now it was everything I pictured in my head. 

As long as your seamstress is confident, I say go for it. Have her pin it down for you so you can see exactly what she will be doing before she does it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I love the dress the way it is but you're the one who has to be happy. Perhaps at your fitting you could have the seamstress pin it so it will give you an idea of how it will look before anything gets cut.
    Anniversary
  • That dress is stunning on you, a sweetheart would look great with it.
  • Thanks for all the input ladies!! I think Im going to go for it!

• Not to be creepy, but is your dress a Galina from David's Bridal?  It looks exactly like my dress!  I love it!

As far as your question goes, I'm feeling the same way about my dress.  I think you could definitely get more of a sweetheart neckline.  If your seamstress says she can do it, then go for it!  I think it will look really nice!  Let us know how it goes, I'm interested in doing the same thing so I'd love to see how it turns out!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_should-i-do-a-sweetheart-neckline-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:50d9dd01-f9b6-42cf-905b-12a474a762e4Post:423018ee-6117-4b70-b629-bf7ebec8ade9">Re: Should I do a sweetheart neckline? POLL</a>:
    [QUOTE]Not to be creepy, but is your dress a Galina from David's Bridal?  It looks exactly like my dress!  I love it! As far as your question goes, I'm feeling the same way about my dress.  I think you could definitely get more of a sweetheart neckline.  If your seamstress says she can do it, then go for it!  I think it will look really nice!  Let us know how it goes, I'm interested in doing the same thing so I'd love to see how it turns out!
    Posted by KplusA[/QUOTE]

Hi KplusA...we are dress twins!!

I will definitly keep in touch if I get it done. I also took one of the layers of crenaline out of the slip and I am taking in the side by my knees to give it more of a trumpet look :) are you doing a sash?
  • That dress looks beautiful on you, I think a sweetheart neckline will compliment it very well.

522805_10151186959893168_80368830_n_zps80e4c057
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_should-i-do-a-sweetheart-neckline-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:50d9dd01-f9b6-42cf-905b-12a474a762e4Post:4a7e794c-79f9-4d31-b460-5b607e83cb09">Re: Should I do a sweetheart neckline? POLL</a>:
    [QUOTE]That dress looks beautiful on you, I think a sweetheart neckline will compliment it very well.
    Posted by DileniN[/QUOTE]

Thank you DileniN! I think Im gonna go for it :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_should-i-do-a-sweetheart-neckline-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:50d9dd01-f9b6-42cf-905b-12a474a762e4Post:e8257c7a-28d1-4d77-b704-a673945de183">Re: Should I do a sweetheart neckline? POLL</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Should I do a sweetheart neckline? POLL : Hi KplusA...we are dress twins!! I will definitly keep in touch if I get it done. I also took one of the layers of crenaline out of the slip and I am taking in the side by my knees to give it more of a trumpet look :) are you doing a sash?
    Posted by Wlflake[/QUOTE]

<div>Awww yay!  Definitely post pictures!  I just got an email today that my dress came in, so I'm going to bring it home tomorrow!  Did you buy the fit and flare slip from DB?  And I'll probably do the same thing (sweetheart neckline) during alterations.  I'm getting married in 9 months so I have time to figure this all out I guess.</div><div>
    </div><div>I think I want to do a blingy sash for the reception.  I like the simple lace look for the ceremony, and the dress already has that ribbon, but I always wanted a sparkly sash!</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_should-i-do-a-sweetheart-neckline-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:50d9dd01-f9b6-42cf-905b-12a474a762e4Post:931d87e1-745b-4a44-8ad4-c7b23c13517d">Re: Should I do a sweetheart neckline? POLL</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Should I do a sweetheart neckline? POLL : Awww yay!  Definitely post pictures!  I just got an email today that my dress came in, so I'm going to bring it home tomorrow!  Did you buy the fit and flare slip from DB?  And I'll probably do the same thing (sweetheart neckline) during alterations.  I'm getting married in 9 months so I have time to figure this all out I guess. I think I want to do a blingy sash for the reception.  I like the simple lace look for the ceremony, and the dress already has that ribbon, but I always wanted a sparkly sash!
    Posted by KplusA[/QUOTE]

I did buy the fit and flare slip from davids bridal...and I bought a sash too, it has just the right amount of sparkle to it! I felt like the dress needed a little somethin somethin :)
  • My dress is similar to yours and I am having it altered to a sweetheart neckline, but honestly your dress looks awesome on you the way it is! I need mine changed to hopefully lengthen my whole face/neck/chest area. Have your seamstress pin it in varying degrees of sweetheart-ness and take lots of pictures of each and just think about it for a while!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards