Missouri-St Louis

Bridal Shower for 2nd Time Bride

My friend from work has offered to host a shower for me, and requested a guest list.

I contacted my MOH, and she and the other bridesmaid were not going to have a shower due to me being a second time bride.

Should I have a shower at all?

Re: Bridal Shower for 2nd Time Bride

• mmdpmmmdpm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, you should as long as it is being offered to you and you are not asking for it.  Just because you have been married before does not limit your ability to shower you and your new husband with gifts for your new life together.
  • edited December 2011
    I don't think there is anything wrong with accepting a shower that is offered.  I am a second time bride.  I did not plan on having any of the traditional preparties...but my MOH, my little sister, who was too little to really do all of these things the first time, is having a blast planning a girls night out, a shower and a going with me to lots of planning events.  I say, give her a list and have fun!
  • edited December 2011
    FWIW, I'd be annoyed if I were invited to your first shower, gave a gift, attended your first wedding and then was invited to your second shower.  I'd be sure to limit the guest list to VERY close friends and family because otherwise they do have reason to feel a little put off.
    White Knot
    Stand up for something you believe in. White Knot
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards