Ohio-Cleveland

I need a LOT of help!!!!!

Okay so long story short, my reception venue called me yesterday to tell me they sold and I need to find another venue (my wedding is sept 15, 2012) so needless to say everywhere I've called is booked! So I'm looking for any reception venue suggestions in the NEO area... thanks!!!

Re: I need a LOT of help!!!!!

• What was the venue?  Do you want east, west, south of the city?  What is your budget?  What feel are you going for?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • The venue was Casa DiBorally, and my budget is around 7K for the reception hall, and right now it doesn't matter, the ceremony is in Hudson, and it's supposed to be black tie. 
  • Walden is beautiful!
  • JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    How many guests? What places have you called so far?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 160 guests.... I've called everyone in the Hudson and twinsburg area... We're meeting with the John S. Knight center on monday and the Patrician in eastlake tonight. I've called Windows on the River, they're available but out of my price range. 
  • Jenjs4Jenjs4 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    What about The Bertram Inn http://www.thebertraminn.com/
  • July2012brideJuly2012bride member
    First Comment
    edited May 2012
    I haven't been to a wedding there myself, but I've heard good things about Massimo da Milano:http://www.massimos.net/Wedding.htm

I don't know about pricing but there are also the following:
    Signature of Solon
    Lake Forest CC
    Gambitta's Party Center

ETA: I went to a wedding at Casa diBorally last August, I hope you find somewhere.

If you aren't opposed to banquet halls, you may want to try those first
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Wow that sucks.  What are the new owners going to do with the place?  If they're still going to be a banquet hall, wouldn't they want to honor contracts so that they would have those people's business?
    Try the Country Club of Hudson, it's where I'm getting married.  Pretty reasonable depending on what you pick from their menu.  We didn't do a tasting with them because they charge for it.  Melanie is the coordinator and she's very nice and helpful.
  • Thanks everyone! I'm from hudson so Lake Forest and the Country Club of Hudson were the first two places I called. I knew the Borallys were planning to sell, but they assured me it wouldn't be an issue, but from what I understand the whole family is getting out of it. I don't know what is going to happen to the hall. And I'm still in shock that 4 months before the wedding, I'm hunting down a new hall. And I know there are other brides doing the same thing... they told me there was 7 or 8 others...  But Patrician party center in Eastlake has been super helpful, but It's so far away. 
  • What about Roses Run Country Club in Stow?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • didn't even think of them, thanks!
  • JKohioJKohio member
    SYB Hall in Stow
    Heritage Barn or Silver Springs Lodge in Stow (rentable thru city)
    Great Hall at Happy Days visitor center in the CVNP, Peninsula
    Gambitta Party Center in Northfield.
    Our Lady of Perpetual Help, Aurora
    Hiram College (Kennedy Room)
    Birchwood Party Center, Walton Hills

Good luck!
  • Also thought of Todaro's. Both Todaro's and Roses Run have multiple rooms so even if they are booked for one other wedding they can still accomodate others probably!

Another place (which I've heard its hard to do) is Botzum Farm near CVNP. You have to get your own caterer and there is no kitchen.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • cvolk2cvolk2 member
    First Comment

The Hilton Garden Inn right off 271 in Mayfield Village has a banquet hall.
    I'm so sorry to hear about your situation..I used to work at Borally's!

• Thanks for all of your suggestions ladies! Unfortunately my FI and I decided to push the wedding back six months so we can make sure we can find the perfect hall (once again)... I never thought I'd have to plan my wedding twice lol..but back to the drawing board. 
  • JKohioJKohio member
    Good luck!
  • KelexKelex member
    First Comment
    We're having our wedding in Hudson too but the reception in Akron. Guys Party Centre is beautiful if they have an opening!

• So sorry about what happened, I know you pushed your date back, but we are having our wedding ceremony and reception at SYB Hall in Stow, OH...plus they have a pond onsite for pictures.
    Todaros or Tangier's...both of those are beautiful, but a little pricey depending on the package you choose :) Good Luck!
  • Thanks so much! SYB was actually one of the first places we called when we initially started planning, but they had a wedding booked for our date. We've actually decided to go with Greystone in downtown Akron... it's absolutely gorgeous! So things actually worked out better (thankfully)
  • If your in need of wedding party gifts feel free to check out <a href="http://www.mythirtyone.com/kascia" rel="nofollow">www.mythirtyone.com/kascia</a> there's also a couple items for the guys too!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cleveland_i-need-a-lot-of-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:110Discussion:397dba0c-f31f-4a9f-b1b2-bb5785b82badPost:022198d4-a06c-4709-a347-32be625db35b">I need a LOT of help!!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Okay so long story short, my reception venue called me yesterday to tell me they sold and I need to find another venue (my wedding is sept 15, 2012) so needless to say everywhere I've called is booked! So I'm looking for any reception venue suggestions in the NEO area... thanks!!!
    Posted by ginx1188[/QUOTE]
  • edited June 2013
    <blockquote class="Quote"><div class="QuoteText"> </div></blockquote>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards