New Jersey - South

Bake Works

Anyone get a cake from there? We are looking for a cool modern cake. 

Reviews?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bake Works

• NJ789NJ789 member
    First Comment
    We didn't get our cake from there but went to a wedding last year and the cake was from there.  They did a great job with the design and the cake was absolutely delicious!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-new-jersey_bake-works?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:128Discussion:1b4e007b-51ad-4b2c-a725-5666925727a3Post:e302044e-e5e3-46ae-af4a-39bcd36c0475">Bake Works</a>:
    [QUOTE]Anyone get a cake from there? We are looking for a cool modern cake.  Reviews?
    Posted by amanda1611t[/QUOTE]

Our grooms cake was from there.  It was delicious but they are very expensive.  We were really blown away when we got the quote.  Just a warning!
    At sea, heading to Lisbon, Portugal Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-new-jersey_bake-works?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:128Discussion:1b4e007b-51ad-4b2c-a725-5666925727a3Post:4b0507ec-4cf1-4bdd-9781-679cbabd4636">Re: Bake Works</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Bake Works : Our grooms cake was from there.  It was delicious but they are <strong>very expensive</strong>.  We were really blown away when we got the quote.  Just a warning!
    Posted by viewfromheaven05[/QUOTE]

<div>Well, we started off wanting a Cake Boss cake, so we will take anything cheaper lol. How was the design and such? Could they do exactly what you asked for?</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Well my mother in law surprised DH with the cake.  The bottom was University of Delaware (where we went to college), the 2nd layer was dolphins (DH's fav football team), and the top was actually a soccer ball with DH's fav soccer team arsenal.  It was very nicely done!  my guess for the cake's price is around $1000.  It was for 50 people (it was served at our rehearsal luncheon) and had all the detail done plus it had the more expensive flavors inside...so thats my estimate but of course MIL will never tell us!
    At sea, heading to Lisbon, Portugal Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-new-jersey_bake-works?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:128Discussion:1b4e007b-51ad-4b2c-a725-5666925727a3Post:5bc71ac7-0f95-430f-93b3-cafe811c0fa7">Re: Bake Works</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well my mother in law surprised DH with the cake.  The bottom was University of Delaware (where we went to college), the 2nd layer was dolphins (DH's fav football team), and the top was actually a soccer ball with DH's fav soccer team arsenal.  It was very nicely done!  my guess for the cake's price is around $1000.  It was for 50 people (it was served at our rehearsal luncheon) and had all the detail done plus it had the more expensive flavors inside...so thats my estimate but of course MIL will never tell us!
    Posted by viewfromheaven05[/QUOTE]

<div>wow, for 50 people that is a lot of money! we've had quotes for 1000 for 80 people so your MIL might have spent more!</div><div>
    </div><div>We have a lot of shopping around to do. Wedding cakes are such an expense. we get one from our venue, but they cant do what we want.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ours was from Bake Works and it was really delicious.  Our design was pretty simple, so not sure how they would do with ornateness.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • We went to our friends wedding and their cake was from there, it was DELICIOUS! They said they paid $4 pp for their cake, so I'm guessing 500~ they paid, but they were charged more because they used flavors other than chocolate and vanilla, which IMO was worth it. We plan on using them for our cake now. 
    158 Invited image | 68 will be there image |6 can't make it image | 84 still need to reply! image
    RSVP Deadline: 4/6/13
    4/26/13 March Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaid Dresses

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-new-jersey_bake-works?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:128Discussion:1b4e007b-51ad-4b2c-a725-5666925727a3Post:e302044e-e5e3-46ae-af4a-39bcd36c0475">Bake Works</a>:
    [QUOTE]Anyone get a cake from there? We are looking for a cool modern cake.  Reviews?
    Posted by amanda1611t[/QUOTE]
    Went for a tasting for my daughter's wedding in 2008 and the cakes were dry, tasteless, we were not impressed (especially for the $$).  Ended up using Ann Maries Sweets in Berlin..they were fantastic! (not sure if they are still in business though)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards