Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Processional song ?

This is the only thing that my fiance' has shown a strong interest in, as far as not just saying "ok, whatever you like is fine." He likes Pachabelli's Canon in D. The song is nice, but it's more for the bridesmaids, I would think. It's not something that I know if I want to walk down to. It's also very long. I timed the walk at our venue, and even walking slowly, it takes 52 secs. I only have my sister and niece in my wedding party, so that is not a long time. 

I found a Celtic version of the song that is very pretty, just not sure... Of course, since this is the only thing he's felt strongly about, I am certainly torn, but then I think "well, I'm the one who's walking down, right? Shouldn't it be a song that I like and will make me feel good?" 

One of the songs that I saw someone talk about on here is the Storybook Love song from Princess Bride. There is an acoustic guitar version by Michael Lister that is so pretty. And the song is only about two and a half minutes long. Fiance' says it doesn't have enough oomph or body to it. Ugh. 

I still don't know which song I want to use. 
Jamie 9/1/2013 BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Processional song ?

• Options
    We still have a couple months to figure it out. Fiance' said that he likes that song (Canon in D), but that I should choose whatever I want. I think that he does really want it, though, but he's just that way. He mentioned the song to his mom, some friends of ours, and got the CD out to have me listen to it... then told me he has it on another CD also but not as good a version as the first CD. Somehow I think he would like for me to use it. :)

Any other songs I can always play for the background music before the ceremony.

I was listening to my Wedding playlist on the way home from work today and Jason Mraz "I'm Yours" is going on the short list for recessional song. The one I mentioned on my first post I'm not sure about, but it's still on the short list. 
    Jamie 9/1/2013 BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I've decide I'm going to use Canon in D for the Prelude, then using VItamin String Quartet's version of Can't Help Falling in Love, and Without You ft Usher by David Guetta for the recessional.
  • Options
    My bridesmaids are walking to Fur Elise and I am walking to a section from the Throne Room music from Star Wars. :D I had a hard time thinking of music so I just looked around listening to things on YouTube and such until I found what I liked. The FI does not like classical at all, where I very much do, and he LOVES Star Wars. lol So I picked my fav. classical piece and absolutely love the Star Wars section I picked for me. Sounds perfect for a wedding while also being obvious we are total nerds. lol

I think a compromise is a good idea, especially if you think he really wants that song. I would totally not do as a PP suggested and tell him you will use that and then use whatever you want. Starting off lying to your hubby, especially over something so minor, is a bad way to go. (whether or not he will actually notice)

I had to compromise on the recessional song because the FI just did not find "At Last" funny. ;)
  • Options
    Having played for a lot of weddings (on both piano and violin), I can tell you that Canon in D is used a lot.  However, if it's being performed live, you can easily have your musician(s) cut it however you want it.  You can just do the fast part for your entrance, or some other part of it.

If you're looking for some amusement, go to You Tube and look up Pachelbel Rant.  Pretty funny stuff about Canon in D.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards