Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Ceremony Music

I'm trying to decide if I just want the DJ to cover the music for our ceremony (which is at the same place as the reception) or if I want someone to play live. 

I'd love to have a pianist play but I think that out of the question due to portablity issues :).  Has anyone had a trio or quartet play for their ceremony and if so, can you give me a ballpark on cost.  I'd need them to play for about an hour total.  I've already contacted Shenango and am waiting for a quote. 

TIA!

Re: Ceremony Music

• Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had an organist play at the church where my reception was held, and I also had a violin/cello duo.  I found them through Pittsburgh Music Live, and the cost was about $600.

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used Sterling Strings of Shenango... I had the trio of violin, cello, and flute- I believe it was just under $500. My ceremony was about 40 min. long, and they came early of course to set-up and play the prelude music, so I'm not sure how long they were there for total. But I know they don't charge by the hour (at least not when I booked). I highly recommend them- they were very professional, and the music was beautiful. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards