November 2012 Weddings
Options

OMG!!!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! We are finally in the double digits, 99 days left whooop!!
All that's left is deciding on a day of coordinator, send out invites, second fitting this Saturday, bridal shower in November, finalize floor plan with venue in October, purchase last bit of decor..I feel like I'm forgetting something lol.. how bout you ladies?

Re: OMG!!!

• Options
    Congrats on double digits!

We only have a few things left to do... finishing touches on some DIY projects, buy attendant gifts, mail invites, and get our marriage license.  We're ready to go!
    21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Double digits were so exciting!  It seemed like everybody here was getting theirs before me!  I thought I was the latest bride on the board for November! lol.  When is your wedding?

I think you're well under way, good for you. 

We still have to

- book car rental and hotel for our honeymoon
    - send out half of our invites (approx, maybe a little less after today)
    - first dress fitting
    - attendant gifts
    - church programs (which can't be started until Oct anyway until rsvps are back with #'s)....but I do have a template done with our names and info on it...just need to edit as necessary and purchase the carstock and ribbon for the outside of them
    - order favours (same rationale as the church programs)
    - make appts for hair/makeup trials...hair appt with my own stylist for extensions and a cut/color, and I think I am doing shellac French manicure, so I need to book that.  From the wedding beauty board it seems like people love shellac...
    - meet with our florist again to hash out flowers
    - meet with dj to finalize our songs and play/do not play lists
    - meet with string quartet to finalize their music selections for the church
    - buy cake serving set
    - meet with photographer to finalize photo locations
    - meet with limo service to advise them of photo locations

I think those are the main things...other than the "week of" payments, meetings, marriage license, etc.  I can't think of anything else right now.  I DO wish I had a bunch of rsvp's back to get a round about estimate as to the # of programs and favours we'll need.  I know that's early, but I am trying everything I can to minimize anything DIY due in November (other than the dreaded seating chart!)
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker image
    My BFP Chart
    || Ovulation Calendar image #1 BFP May 24/2012 - EDD Jan 21/2013 - M/C May 31/2012 #2 BFP Feb 5/2013 - EDD Oct 16/2013
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2012-weddings_omg?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:46c2f53c-680c-4532-aa96-4cca92890b59Discussion:85fcfcd5-7993-4c43-880e-cf11b4f0607cPost:07c64e32-184f-4da8-99c8-351f82491866">Re: OMG!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Double digits were so exciting!  It seemed like everybody here was getting theirs before me!  I thought I was the latest bride on the board for November! lol.  When is your wedding? I think you're well under way, good for you.  We still have to - book car rental and hotel for our honeymoon - send out half of our invites (approx, maybe a little less after today) - first dress fitting - attendant gifts - church programs (which can't be started until Oct anyway until rsvps are back with #'s)....but I do have a template done with our names and info on it...just need to edit as necessary and purchase the carstock and ribbon for the outside of them - order favours (same rationale as the church programs) - make appts for hair/makeup trials...hair appt with my own stylist for extensions and a cut/color, <strong>and I think I am doing shellac French manicure, so I need to book that.  From the wedding beauty board it seems like people love shellac...</strong> - meet with our florist again to hash out flowers - meet with dj to finalize our songs and play/do not play lists - meet with string quartet to finalize their music selections for the church - buy cake serving set - meet with photographer to finalize photo locations - meet with limo service to advise them of photo locations I think those are the main things...other than the "week of" payments, meetings, marriage license, etc.  I can't think of anything else right now.  I DO wish I had a bunch of rsvp's back to get a round about estimate as to the # of programs and favours we'll need.  I know that's early, but I am trying everything I can to minimize anything DIY due in November (other than the dreaded seating chart!)
    Posted by Miss_2010[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Shellac is AWESOME

</div>
  • Options
    Woo hoo! We're at 86 today and it's crazy!!!!

-I got all of our invites stuffed last night, just waiting for my mom to bring me stamps. I will probably not mail them until about the 31st. I
    -'m working on designing our programs, but need to figure out the order of the ceremony before I can do much more (we're meeting with our pastor next week). 
    - I just got the pictures for our table numbers, so I'm hoping to work on that today.
    - I have a few other DIY projects and printing things to still design.
    - Need to do our tasting in a while. Since we're doing a buffet it's not as important.
    - Meet with the venue to figure out the set up and final details.
    - Dress fitting in a few weeks.

There's still a bunch! :)
    imageNovember Board Siggy - The Venue!
    Photobucket
    The Great Hall at Sunriver Resort, Sunriver, Oregon
    243 Invited image
    172 Can't wait image
    71 Are missing out image

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2012-weddings_omg?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:46c2f53c-680c-4532-aa96-4cca92890b59Discussion:85fcfcd5-7993-4c43-880e-cf11b4f0607cPost:097dce97-cc28-4f0c-9609-4de2967a5512">Re: OMG!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: OMG!!! : Shellac is AWESOME
    Posted by lls31[/QUOTE]

So it looks pretty real and stuff?

I have had Brisa in the past but obviously that stuff SUCKS with regards to the cost to continually get it done and its a pain to grow out and get rid of
    My BFP Chart
    || Ovulation Calendar image #1 BFP May 24/2012 - EDD Jan 21/2013 - M/C May 31/2012 #2 BFP Feb 5/2013 - EDD Oct 16/2013
  • Options
    Oh and another check...bridal salon JUST called, bridesmaids dresses are in, just waiting on one girl to get hers delivered :)
    My BFP Chart
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2012-weddings_omg?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:46c2f53c-680c-4532-aa96-4cca92890b59Discussion:85fcfcd5-7993-4c43-880e-cf11b4f0607cPost:877f8a5e-20d7-427f-8702-cefc4a17c1c6">Re: OMG!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: OMG!!! : <strong>So it looks pretty real and stuff?</strong> I have had Brisa in the past but obviously that stuff SUCKS with regards to the cost to continually get it done and its a pain to grow out and get rid of
    Posted by Miss_2010[/QUOTE]

<div>I've actually never seen any type of nail polish that doesn't look real.  But, yes, shellac looks like any other nail polish - it just lasts longer.</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2012-weddings_omg?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:46c2f53c-680c-4532-aa96-4cca92890b59Discussion:85fcfcd5-7993-4c43-880e-cf11b4f0607cPost:d0861686-3eb7-4741-aa79-73c369aeee1a">Re: OMG!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: OMG!!! : I've actually never seen any type of nail polish that doesn't look real.  But, yes, shellac looks like any other nail polish - it just lasts longer.
    Posted by lls31[/QUOTE]

I was just going to say the same thing...Looks just like any other salon manicure to me!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2012-weddings_omg?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:46c2f53c-680c-4532-aa96-4cca92890b59Discussion:85fcfcd5-7993-4c43-880e-cf11b4f0607cPost:07c64e32-184f-4da8-99c8-351f82491866">Re: OMG!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Double digits were so exciting!  It seemed like everybody here was getting theirs before me!  I thought I was the latest bride on the board for November! lol.  When is your wedding? I think you're well under way, good for you.  We still have to - book car rental and hotel for our honeymoon - <strong>send out half of our invites (approx, maybe a little less after today)</strong> - first dress fitting - attendant gifts - church programs (which can't be started until Oct anyway until rsvps are back with #'s)....but I do have a template done with our names and info on it...just need to edit as necessary and purchase the carstock and ribbon for the outside of them - order favours (same rationale as the church programs) - make appts for hair/makeup trials...hair appt with my own stylist for extensions and a cut/color, and I think I am doing shellac French manicure, so I need to book that.  From the wedding beauty board it seems like people love shellac... - meet with our florist again to hash out flowers - meet with dj to finalize our songs and play/do not play lists - meet with string quartet to finalize their music selections for the church - buy cake serving set - meet with photographer to finalize photo locations - meet with limo service to advise them of photo locations I think those are the main things...other than the "week of" payments, meetings, marriage license, etc.  I can't think of anything else right now.  I DO wish I had a bunch of rsvp's back to get a round about estimate as to the # of programs and favours we'll need.  I know that's early, but I am trying everything I can to minimize anything DIY due in November (other than the dreaded seating chart!)

When is your wedding?

I saw in a couple other posts you already sent some invites and either you choose to go early or I'm way late...also, why are you sending in phases, if I may ask?
  • Options
    lls31lls31 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited August 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2012-weddings_omg?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:46c2f53c-680c-4532-aa96-4cca92890b59Discussion:85fcfcd5-7993-4c43-880e-cf11b4f0607cPost:569b5cd1-f45a-452a-a348-563c51bcf7c4">Re: OMG!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: OMG!!! : When is your wedding? I saw in a couple other posts you already sent some invites and either you choose to go early or I'm way late...also, why are you sending in phases, if I may ask?
    Posted by amymaysa[/QUOTE]

<div>I was wondering the same thing.  In all the checklists I've read (besides The Knot's crappy checklist), it said to send invites 8 weeks in advance.  We're sending ours at 9 weeks (August 31st for our November 2nd wedding) and I even thought that was jumping the gun a bit.</div><div>
    </div><div>I don't think I've ever received a wedding invite 3 months in advance.  I feel like I'd misplace it or something.</div><div>
    </div><div>Do you have to give your venue the count really far in advance or something?</div>
  • Options
    I'm at 100 days tomorrow! I'm so excited!

Still need to:

Buy wedding bands
    Mail invitations (They arrived from the printer today)
    Make Mass program
    Make placecards and display for the table
    Decorate the bird cage I purchased
    Finalize centerpiece idea
    Make our "Just Married" sign for the car
    Meet with the DJ to pick our music.
    Buy my earrings and makeup 
    Find a salon to get my nails done. I want shellac with a lacy design.
    Get my dress fitted (it's stuck in customs...should be here soon...)
    Do a hair trial 

I'm probably missing something!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2012-weddings_omg?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:46c2f53c-680c-4532-aa96-4cca92890b59Discussion:85fcfcd5-7993-4c43-880e-cf11b4f0607cPost:569b5cd1-f45a-452a-a348-563c51bcf7c4">Re: OMG!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: OMG!!! : When is your wedding? I saw in a couple other posts you already sent some invites and either you choose to go early or I'm way late...also, why are you sending in phases, if I may ask?

Well we only mailed about 25 - 30 invites out of about 80.  So we started with them last Wed and then gave immediate family and bridal party their invites in the few days following.   We are still visiting extended family and friends, hand delivering them which is taking forever.  The other night it took nearly 5 hours to deliver 3 invites, by the time you get invited in for a drink and a two hour chit chat. 

So I guess we lumped them into those that were to be mailed and those who were not to be mailed.  Not really phases, but the giving them in person is just going to take a few weeks.
    My BFP Chart
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2012-weddings_omg?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:46c2f53c-680c-4532-aa96-4cca92890b59Discussion:85fcfcd5-7993-4c43-880e-cf11b4f0607cPost:9377d87d-f859-4bae-88d0-fd67080d6cd3">Re: OMG!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: OMG!!! : I was wondering the same thing.  In all the checklists I've read (besides The Knot's crappy checklist), it said to send invites 8 weeks in advance.  We're sending ours at 9 weeks (August 31st for our November 2nd wedding) and I even thought that was jumping the gun a bit. I don't think I've ever received a wedding invite 3 months in advance.  I feel like I'd misplace it or something. Do you have to give your venue the count really far in advance or something?
    Posted by lls31[/QUOTE]

3 weeks deadline, 4 weeks preferable which is Oct 17 but they'll give us a week later if we need it.  I think the knot guideline said 3 month mark.  I could be wrong, but I am sure that is what is in my knot checklist, irregardless.  Then again, nobody here sends out STDs either unless its a down south wedding (all inclusive kind of deal), possibly thats why we do it a bit early. And on the other hand, community gossip spreads word of your wedding up this way... 
    My BFP Chart
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2012-weddings_omg?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:46c2f53c-680c-4532-aa96-4cca92890b59Discussion:85fcfcd5-7993-4c43-880e-cf11b4f0607cPost:8e050692-6117-4e40-a1d5-5efada79c326">Re: OMG!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: OMG!!! : Well we only mailed about 25 - 30 invites out of about 80.  So we started with them last Wed and then gave immediate family and bridal party their invites in the few days following.   We are still visiting extended family and friends, hand delivering them which is taking forever.  The other night it took nearly 5 hours to deliver 3 invites, by the time you get invited in for a drink and a two hour chit chat.  So I guess we lumped them into those that were to be mailed and those who were not to be mailed.  Not really phases, but the giving them in person is just going to take a few weeks.

I guess I'm lost on the hand delivering..I mean, I gave one to my Mom and Dad but plan on sending the other in the mail. I've never received a hand delivered invite..maybe it's a regional thing.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2012-weddings_omg?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:46c2f53c-680c-4532-aa96-4cca92890b59Discussion:85fcfcd5-7993-4c43-880e-cf11b4f0607cPost:db0b596f-1d3b-4333-8859-8167ace3a147">Re: OMG!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: OMG!!! : I guess I'm lost on the hand delivering..I mean, I gave one to my Mom and Dad but plan on sending the other in the mail. I've never received a hand delivered invite..maybe it's a regional thing.

<div>
    </div><div>Ditto on this. I'm even mailing out the ones that are going to people who I see everyday. They all did the same for me. I won't be sending mine out until the first week of September, since the venue doesn't need a response until Nov. 1. </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    November 2012 October Siggy - The Venue!
    imageVilla
  • Options
    Same here.  We're mailing all of our invites.  Hand delivering 100+ invites would be way too much work!
  • Options
    I sent my emails out about 1 1/2 weeks ago. It was about at the 3 month mark which I know is early but I did that due to my bridal shower. My girls had a hard time finding a place to have the bridal shower that didn't charge a fortune and ones that were more affordable had limited availabliity. So my shower is a little earlier then what they traditionally are. I didn't want people to get the bridal shower invities before the wedding invites so I sent them out early. 

My to do list:
    -make final decision on centerpieces (stones for around candle)
    -programs 
    -final appointments w/florist, dj & pastor
    -Finish up gifts for bridal party
    -Make menu cards
    -Seating chart
    -Get my wedding band sized
    -Rehersal dinner location
  • Options
    I'm mailing mine out by the 31st for my Nov. 11 wedding. We have a lot of people making lodging plans and those have to be made by October 27th and we have to give numbers on Nov. 1, so I wanted lots of time for everyone. We're mailing all of ours because I love getting mail, so I know they would, too. :) I think it makes it more special to receive it in the mail, rather than me coming up to them and saying "Here ya go!". :)
    imageNovember Board Siggy - The Venue!
    Photobucket
    The Great Hall at Sunriver Resort, Sunriver, Oregon
    243 Invited image
    172 Can't wait image
    71 Are missing out image

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I just dropped my StD's in the mail yesterday for our 11/3 wedding. It's about time, too - I've had them since January!

We'll probably mail the invits at the end of September or very beginning of October. I don't want to give people too much time to forget to mail in the RSVP or lose anything, you know?
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Visit NewOrleans.Weddings.com

Nov '12 September Siggy - Bridesmaids!
    bridesmaids-2
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Wow, you are all so far along. Time to sit back and soak it all in!! I'm just pretty much starting, but plan to just take things as they come. At least I don't have time to double think things through that way. And you ladies who almost have your dressed in hand...oh that would about kill me. I can't even start buying early for christmas because I want to give it all away immediately. You all have tremendous patience! Mine should hit the states a couple weeks before the wedding. That is test enough for me :) Best wishes to you all!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

How am I doing in my attempt to plan this thing in three months? I'm sharing all the good and bad with you, *somewhat unfiltered.*
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2012-weddings_omg?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:46c2f53c-680c-4532-aa96-4cca92890b59Discussion:85fcfcd5-7993-4c43-880e-cf11b4f0607cPost:4e03cd2e-ba59-4cf9-b89a-0b50566571a9">Re: OMG!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I sent my emails out about 1 1/2 weeks ago.</strong> It was about at the 3 month mark which I know is early but I did that due to my bridal shower. My girls had a hard time finding a place to have the bridal shower that didn't charge a fortune and ones that were more affordable had limited availabliity. So my shower is a little earlier then what they traditionally are. I didn't want people to get the bridal shower invities before the wedding invites so I sent them out early.  My to do list: -make final decision on centerpieces (stones for around candle) -programs  -final appointments w/florist, dj & pastor -Finish up gifts for bridal party -Make menu cards -Seating chart -Get my wedding band sized -Rehersal dinner location
    Posted by Erikan73[/QUOTE]

<div>Wait... you e-mailed your wedding invitations?</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2012-weddings_omg?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:46c2f53c-680c-4532-aa96-4cca92890b59Discussion:85fcfcd5-7993-4c43-880e-cf11b4f0607cPost:185be20a-b8f8-478a-acd2-f524bb6eb8bf">Re: OMG!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: OMG!!! : Wait... you e-mailed your wedding invitations?
    Posted by lls31[/QUOTE]

I was going to ask about this too?
  • Options
    Well, I have not sent any invitations yet (and most will be hand delivered due to the crappy mail system here).  Oh well.

I still have a done to do.  Among the little tings, here are the major things to do:

Ceremony site and officiant (yeah I know...)
    All paper stuff needs to be printed (need to make programs but that is not for a while).
    Escort items to buy and make
    Favors and candy bar items
    buy material for groomsmem, get them measured.
    Get fitted for y dress (my father pays if off next month).
    Bridal party outifts need to be made
    Sign contract with DJ
    Finalize details with venue (supposed to meet this week).
    Get ring bearer shoes and gift
    And much more!!!!

Double digits are scaring me (in a god way).

Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards