Registry and Gift Forum

How many items?

How many items should we have on our registry? We are expecting around 200 guests at our wedding and I think we might have gone a little overboard on the registry. We moved into together about a year ago but things have been so hectic that we really have not gotten anything for the house… that is the main reason why we have so many items on the registry because we don’t have a lot now. On the other hand I do not want to greedy to our guests.
Anniversary

Re: How many items?

• How much did you register for?

I think most people prefer to have a lot of options and don't mind if there are more items on the registry than what you will actually get as gifts. 

The main thing people tend to think is greedy is when every item is expensive and there aren't many options for people who want to buy a gift in the say, 25$ range. 
  • We're anticipating 200 guests are we have a little short of 300 items on our registry. About 200 items are below $50, which I've heard is the appropriate range for shower gifts. We'll be moving in together before the wedding, so I may adjust a bit more, but I feel pretty good about the numbers right now.
    ~The Future Mrs. L~ Planning Bio Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am expecting about 150 guests and I have probably 200-ish things on my registry, including individual place settings of china.  Maybe more.

Put things on your registry that you need and that cover every price range.  Don't worry so much about having too much stuff.

As a guest, I far prefer a large registry to a smaller one.  I like to search through and find something that appeals to me and that I feel I want to give, rather than picking something at random so I have something to give.  Make sense?
  • Audrey, I'm from really close to the Salem Cross Inn.  It's a great area!
  • we registered for just about 300 items but some items are less then $10...
    THanks for the advice!
    Anniversary
  • Definitely take into consideration that some of the smaller items may be purchased together by the same person to make one larger gift.  I had a few things that I figured might make good individual shower gifts all purchased by one guest.  But by the same token, some people may go in together on a larger item.
  • I think 300 is fine . . . some things people will buy in multiples (e.g. no one will give you just one towel or a spatula, probably). Plus, people will use the same registry for showers, family may use it for Christmas, etc. 
  • register  for what you need. who care what the number is. dont forget people usually buy as a household so that 200 people may only be 100 gift buyers
    Anniversary
  • I think we have 225 items on our registry. We're inviting about 125 guests. We will be moving out about a month before the wedding so I registered for everything we could possibly need. That being said, a lot of items are in the $20 range, so hopefully guests will not notice the large amount of items! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Register for anything and everything you'd like.. just don't expect to receive it all and you'll be happy
  • In all the books I have seen you should register for twice as much stuff as people who are coming, this way there is a variety of prices. plus remember that you will be having atleast one shower, and you can also keep things on your registry and people can get things off there for birthdays and christmas!!!!!!
  • Wow, now I feel like I haven't registered for enough.  We registered for everything we could think of that needed upgraded or we'd like to have and we don't even have 100 items on the registry.  Any suggestions for what sort of things I might want to look at?  We have around 150 guests. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Photobucket image Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards