Louisiana-Baton Rouge

Houmas House Reviews???

Does anyone know someone who has had a wedding held at Houmas House? I would love to hear their story/experience there as I am seriously considering getting married there! Thanks for any help xx

Re: Houmas House Reviews???

• edited December 2011
    My little sister just got married at houmas house three weeks ago. It was seriously one of the most beautiful weddings I've ever been to. From what I understand there are several locations on the grounds to have weddings and receptions (the day she got married there were like 3!) 
    The coodinator that worked with them was very helpful and organized and the staff was very friendly. None of us had to stress about a single thing except maybe keeping our mascara from running!
    The only thing I found to be a downside was that the food was just "ok" it wasn't spectacular nor bad, just not really memorable. For the price you would think it would have been better. (i'm not really 100% on wether or not the catering was done in-house) 
    All in all, I'd say go for it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    It is a very beautiful venue, as my cousin got married there.  It was a beautiful outdoor ceremony, and all those involved were very friendly!
  • edited December 2011
    I went on a tour there and the place is beautiful! A little pricey though.
  • edited December 2011
    Its a great place to have pics taken! even if you dont have the wedding there...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards