New York-New York City

Help! Need wedding venue on a BUDGET!!!!

Hi! I am looking to have a receiption in nyc ( i am from queens) that is AFFORDABLE.  Me and my mh are just starting off and dont really want to spend too much on the wedding.  we want to have something small but still classy , mostly for our family.  we will be having about 100 guests.  everything is soooo expensive! OMG!  any ideas for nice places that are not over $100pp???!!!

Re: Help! Need wedding venue on a BUDGET!!!!

• Helsy85Helsy85 member
    First Comment
    Hello! Im having my wedding at Alger House in the west village. It can hold 106 for a seated dinner! Its a little more than you want to spend at $115 a head, but you can have your ceremony and reception all in the one venue and it is absolutely beautiful inside! The food also looks amazing!
  • Nancy00714Nancy00714 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited May 2012
    If you look at most any reception hall on LI they can probably accomodate you (especially if you do it on a friday).  Look at Crest Hollow CC, Westbury Manor, Fox Hollow CC, Leonard's of Great Neck, The Metropolitan.  You can get a lot for $100 in a reception hall!

If you want a pretty hall in queens there's Vetro (associated with Russo's on the Bay); Renaissance something in Astoria (reviews aren't great but looks nice).

Good Luck!!

ETA:  Sorry for giving you LI places.  I was in your same boat wanting something in the city. I think it's difficult for 100.  As the first poster mentioned you can try Alger House and they also have Manhattan Penthouse. Maybe the Bryant Park Grill can do your price but I don't think it would be a fri or sat night wedding.  The only thing you can do is call around. 
    weddingcake-1
  • Look into hosting it at a park
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I had the same problem you are having! Everything is soo expensive! What my fiance and I decided to do was gat married on a Thursday night. We chose columbus day weekend so it gives our guests the option of having a four-day weekend if they take Friday off from work. We are spending like $85 per person and we got a really good deal.

Hope this helps!

• kimm444kimm444 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    I talked to these guys when I was first searching, Riverview Restaurant in LIC.

http://www.riverviewny.com/index.php

They start at $70 pp, the prices are actually on the website under the events section.  this is for a  cocktail hour plus 3 hour reception so it's an hour shorter than other places I priced but that might be a good compromise if you are trying to keep cost down. I think you can either keep a tab open at the bar or pay a bit additional pp. 

I never went there as we decided to have our reception in Staten Island so I really don't know much about it other than what's online, but it might be worth checking out
  • We just decided on our venue yesterday. We wanted something fun, different and relaxing. The Vault at Pfaff's is amazing!! It is an old speakeasy so you have some fun history to go along with the beautiful restaurant!
  • I booked with Jericho Terrace in LI for $65pp for a Sunday afternoon. They were really helpful.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards