40-Plus Brides
Options

57yo bride on 3rd marriage.....help on acceptable plans

Hi, I am getting married in Nov 2012 for my 3rd marriage and my fiance's 3rd marriage also. We want a church wedding in the afternoon around 2pm. I seriously doubt we have more than 100 people attend. We aren't planning on having anyone stand with us. I don't want to wear a veil but I have purchased my bridal gown in ivory that has a short train. It's not really a chapel length but a little shorter than that.
Anyway, my fiance would like to be comfortable and wear a black suit.
I  just want to make sure that will be acceptable at our ages.
My colors are eggplant purple and sage green. What color shirt and tie would be best for him?

Re: 57yo bride on 3rd marriage.....help on acceptable plans

• Options
    I'd go with the sage just because I love sage green!  I think the black suit is just fine - I'm not sure what you mean by "acceptable at our ages?"  The black suit?  The wedding dress?
  • Options

I love the eggplant, that would be a great tie--some sort of pattern with eggplant and black would be awesome.  White shirt would be fine.    I would stay away from ivory or white tie because even if it looks EXACTLY the same color as your dress in person, my experience has been that in photos the shirt will look aged, or the colors won't match.  Photography is a weird thing like that.   

image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
  • Options
    White shirt for him.  He can incorporate eggplant and/or sage into his necktie and/or boutonniere.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_40-plus-brides_57yo-bride-on-3rd-marriagehelp-on-acceptable-plans?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:69dea60c-2319-4015-8380-4a5cc0f18476Discussion:1ab5e98b-10fa-43ab-bfe1-05d9a8442922Post:b7d5d656-e910-42f3-a78a-f414cda3eb2f">57yo bride on 3rd marriage.....help on acceptable plans</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi, I am getting married in Nov 2012 for my 3rd marriage and my fiance's 3rd marriage also. We want a church wedding in the afternoon around 2pm. I seriously doubt we have more than 100 people attend. We aren't planning on having anyone stand with us. I don't want to wear a veil but I have purchased my bridal gown in ivory that has a short train. It's not really a chapel length but a little shorter than that. Anyway, my fiance would like to be comfortable and wear a black suit. I  just want to make sure that will be acceptable at our ages. My colors are eggplant purple and sage green. What color shirt and tie would be best for him?
    Posted by sharonbelveal[/QUOTE]

<div>We think you wedding plans sound lovely!  Why not go to a good men's clothing shop or department store and ask for her help from a salesperson.  And, congratulations, and enjoy your day!</div>
  • Options
    I'd have him try on both colors for ties and for a shirt either off-white, white, beige or whatever you both think looks best on him.    
  • Options
    My fiance and I are also both on our third.  We opted to invite only those who truly love us, and are 100% in support of US, together as a couple.  I never had a "wedding" and although my dress is ivory, it is a total princess gown!  He will wear a dark suit, a white shirt, and a tie that will match our colors. (aqua)  Love knows no age, nor a number.  Some of us take a while to find "the one", but we all have a story, and you should do what you love, and what makes you both happy and forget about "what others will say".  Bottom line is they will talk regardless of what you do.  Enjoy the magical day that will begin this journey.  Have FUN!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards