Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Cheap bakeries

I'm looking for a cheaper bakery in the northern suburbs. I wanted to do the more traditional wedding cake(not cupcakes). We're planning on about 200 guests. Any suggestions?

Re: Cheap bakeries

• Options
    edited December 2011
    www.cup-cakerybakery.com/ I don't remember which suburb they are in but we use them a lot at work and their flavors are awesome! They also do wedding cakes and they are pretty reasonably priced.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    graysquirrelgraysquirrel member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Grandmas Bakery out of White Bear Lake. They were one of the most reasonable places we could find. I think that it might have been like$2..75/slice for filled cake.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used Keys bakery in Forest Lake and they were great.  We were anticipating 200 guests and our cake cost about $500 for a 5-layer stacked cake with 3 different flavors.
  • Options
    mekiakoomekiakoo member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is in the east though, but Bread Art in Bayport is very reasonable, we are going to have 4 tier cake, serving about 220 guests for about $500 and that includes delivery & cake stand. Their cake tastes wonderful too!!
    doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Keys Cafe!  We didn't end up using them but the cake was awesome and so were the prices!
    Hitched! 09.30.11
  • Options
    klboasklboas member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kake Kreations by Kathy.  She does the cakes out of her home, but she is licensed and her cakes are abosolutely delicious!  Only $2.20/serving - we're spending $430 for 186 servints and delivery (from Elk River to Blaine).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Have you looked into Sam's Club or Costco?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh ditto PP.  I LOVE Costco cake!
    Hitched! 09.30.11
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Great suggestions!! Thank you :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards