Florida-North Florida

rustic barn wedding wanted for souther georgia- north florida

I have looked all over! I am in search of a venue for the ceremony and reception. Please help!!!!! Also, we are on a budget! Don't want to spend too much considering the turn in the economy! 
Have looked at:
Hillard Mansion
Tybee wedding chapel
Keeler property
Laytn's Land-n
just to list a few.

Any and all suggestions are welcomed. Not above rending a tent or what not if the location permits.

Re: rustic barn wedding wanted for souther georgia- north florida

• Boy do I have the place for you. My daughter is having her reception here in Nov. We looked high and low over N Fl for a Barn atmosphere and had almost given up. If you see on Facebook Laytens Land' n it's gorgeous, affordable and literally looks like something off of Pinterest. If you want to call me feel free and I will give you more info and even send you pix. 904 614 6313. aprilchobert@hotmail.com   Btw it is in Yulee Fl at the very last Fl exit before GA. It is actually a ways from our church but we absolutely fell in love.
  • Oh I just saw on your post you have already visited? Did you not like it? Sorry
  • I don't know how many guests you're wanting but the 2 most "affordable" that I've seen so far are Pioneer Barn @ Old Florida Museum and The Florida Agricultural Museum. When we first started planning I really thought a barn wedding was the affordable way to go.....

Good luck!
  • Where exactly are you looking? There are 2 places in Tallahassee that are nice if you are interested.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • edited August 2012
    I just saw your post and absolutely fell in love with that place! Your daughter is going to have a stunning wedding! I want a barn wedding so bad, but I think we are leaning towards Crosswater Hall because it is closer to our home. To the girl who wrote the post, I think this is a fairly cheap place. We are on a budget also and just moved to Jax. We have only looked at a few places but the Winterbourne seems reasonably priced considering they provide everything and you're allowed to bring in your own alcohol which saves a lot of money. If you want to swap ideas feel free to email me Stullos3121gmail.com because we are checking out locations :
  • edited August 2012
    Oh, we also checked out The Hilltop. They gave us an estimate of about 5,000 for 65 people which included ceremony, food, liquor and linens. They also get their flowers wholesale with the option of putting your arrangement together yourself to save money. I don't really know when a bride would have the time to do that, but if you have friends and family you trust, it might not be a terrible idea.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards