Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Making songs short??

Is anyone else shortening there songs?  We are of course doing our first dance, the father-daughter dance, and the mother-son dance.  I don't want to bore our guests to death with so many songs!  Should we space the dances out or just shorten the versions of the songs?  Or both???  Thanks for any input!

Re: Making songs short??

• Options
    Try to pick songs that aren't more than about 3 minutes, which is pretty much the average song length, otherwise no you don't need to shorten them.  People expect to see those 3 special dances, so as long as you don't overdo it by adding more special dances, you should be fine.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_making-songs-short?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:5Discussion:518f2cc7-145d-4f1b-8f1c-f95a6ead2834Post:5b0f88fa-4adf-4b48-a124-2ca7cbac989a">Re: Making songs short??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Try to pick songs that aren't more than about 3 minutes, which is pretty much the average song length, otherwise no you don't need to shorten them.  People expect to see those 3 special dances, so as long as you don't overdo it by adding more special dances, you should be fine.
    Posted by danieliza1127[/QUOTE]

Ditto this. Also, I'm not sure if you and your FI would prefer this, but some couples now do the Father/Daughter and Mother/Son dances at the same time. My FI actually thought it was "against the law" to combine the dances when we first started talking about doing them. I wanted to dance with my dad, he didn't really want to dance with his mom ... but he also didn't want to hurt her feelings by NOT doing the dance. So I suggested combining the 2, since I wasn't using a "Daddy's Little Girl" type song (We're using the Hawaiin "Over The Rainbow", so semi-gender neutral).

If you both have  special songs in mind and don't want to give up your spotlight moments, though, then just stick with what Dani said. Best of Luck!

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards