Christian Weddings

Wedding Date Envy

I find myself being sooo jealous of people who are getting married before me!  Even of people who are getting married a week before me!  I could use some help/encouragement.  TIA ladies!
image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
17/100 books read in 2013

Re: Wedding Date Envy

• heyimbrenheyimbren member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jealousy isn't good.

But in all honesty, I get waves of jealousy at times when I see a lot of people I know getting married. I just want to jump on board that train too, KWIM?
    Then I remind myself of all the things and opportunities I have in the mean time. And that usually reminds me just how worthwhile patience is (which is even valuable on its own).
  • edited December 2011
    I feel the SAME way.  I had to move the wedding back, and now I'm seeing everyone I was going to be married before, getting married after me. And it's making me jelous. Jelousy is so bad, but so hard to stop. :(
    When you love someone, you can tell. When you're in love with someone, everyone else can tell.
  • iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When we were engaged there were a few couples we knew that had started dating, got engaged and married during our engagement.  I wished that we didn't have to wait, but I knew that the day would come eventually.  The time went quickly and now we've been married over a year.  Hang in there.  Your wedding day will be here soon!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm attending 2 weddings with my FI before ours next July (possibly more) and that has me feeling much like you -- wishing mine was sooner.  However... when I start thinking those thoughts, I realize that I'm really just comparing myself to another person, and they have been engaged or serious even LONGER that my FI and I, and I stop the jealousy.  That ... and I also realize why we picked the date we picked, when really we could have chosen January 1 as our day.  The July date works out for both of us as far as schedules, and as far as finances go.  Then, I'm at peace again.  Keep working through it, and think of all the benefits of why you are scheduled when you are!!  It will happen and it will be over before you know it!!  
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • edited December 2011
    The funny thing is, there is only one couple in our circle of friends getting married before we are (in July), and we're not all that close to them.  So FI and I are technically the first in our group to get married - by a long shot.  There are some friends of ours who are engaged and have either picked dates in 2013 or have decided not to pick a date yet because it will be farther away than that!  I don't know.  I just wish FI and I could get married tomorrow!
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • edited December 2011
    You could move the date up?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    You are getting married when you are because it fits into God's plan that way. What's a few months compared to the rest of your lives together? I know it is hard, but it will be here soon! Just think about how awesome it will be when the day does arrive and look forward to it! I am getting married in July too, so we can wait together!
  • edited December 2011
    nevermind, I read that wrong haha, you meant the other couple is getting married in July- sorry! but anyway, the more time you have to plan, the more excited you'll be! You can make it!
  • Tauner23Tauner23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know how you feel. I've found myself even getting jealous of Prince William & Kate Middleton getting married in April after just announcing their engagement and I have to wait until June when I've been engaged for 9 months. lol. I can't wait until the big day and we have come close to eloping a couple of different times since we've been engaged but I'm glad that we've decided to stick it out. I keep having to remind myself that I will only ever be engaged once and that I have the rest of my life to be married. I'm just trying to focus on enjoying being engaged and planning the wedding. Just trying to soak it in.

It does feel good to know that I'm not the only one. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    DH and I have been married for just under five months now, and honestly though the waiting was hard we were blessed by the time we had to work things out before the wedding.

That's not to say that now we are free of issues!  But when I think of some of the significant, corner-rounding conversations that took place during engagement (both within and without the context of formal premarital counseling), I realize how well our period of engagement worked for us.  We are reaping the benefits of those pre-wedding conversations now.

Hang in there!
  • mattycammattycam member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_wedding-date-envy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:8a0ece75-12f3-414b-a5ea-fab0268a8df2Post:952e8fe0-1f8e-4313-b10d-81ef2e3c57b6">Re: Wedding Date Envy</a>:
    [QUOTE]DH and I have been married for just under five months now, and honestly though the waiting was hard we were blessed by the time we had to work things out before the wedding. That's not to say that now we are free of issues!  But when I think of some of the significant, corner-rounding conversations that took place during engagement (both within and without the context of formal premarital counseling), I realize how well our period of engagement worked for us.  We are reaping the benefits of those pre-wedding conversations now. Hang in there!
    Posted by Soon2BeMrsTing[/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree more! I feel the same way about our time as an engaged couple. I don't feel jealous of other couples but there are times that I wish we were getting married tomorrow!...it's like hurry up already! But our time during this engagement season is so important as there have been issues that we have found out about one another that we need to work on.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards