I’m 27 and he’s 28

3. What city were you born in?
Miami

4. What city do you live in?
Miami

5. Where did you go to college?
FIU for my bachelors and UF for my MBA

6. What was your major?
Finance (undergrad) and Business Administration (master)

7. What is your current job?
I do marketing for a local bank – ready for a change though.

8. What is your dream job?
I would love to do marketing for a big company like Bacardi or Diageo … Johnson and Johnson …. I could
keep going. And more analytical marketing vs. events and promotion marketing

9. How did you and your fiancé' meet?
Well I remembered him from High School, so when he approached me at a bar (Bougainvilleas) I thought
he remembered me too. I was wrong! So I quickly back-tracked and pretended I didn’t know him
either. Anyways, long story short he never asked for my number … jerk! So we both “coincidentally”
kept showing up to Bougainvilleas on Wednesday nights. After about 4 weeks of “coincidentally”
meeting he finally asked me for my number and on a date. That was going on 6 years ago.

10. When did you get engaged, and how did he do it??
Engaged on July 18th 2010. The night of FI dad’s birthday party his aunt came up to me and
congratulated me. Awkward, but I did just get into my (Floridian) dream MBA program. So I thought it
was because of that. My fiancé had to leave the party early because of work the next day and finally I
left the party and pass by his house. Candles are lit and little mementos from our 4 years together were
scattered all over, plus romantic music playing. I thought nothing of it – he’s typically a romantic guy.
So he asked me to lay with him. After a few questions regarding a lifetime together, he whispered in my
ear, “Mari, will you marry me?” and put the ring right in front of me. I almost pushed him off the bed!
And about 5 minutes later after saying yes and crying a little he asked “do you wanna see the ring?” …
LOL
So basically all his actual plans were shot because of his aunt accidentally slipping up … and he was soo
nervous I would find out by other means.

11. When is the Wedding Day?
April 13th 2012!! Friday the 13th

12. Where is the ceremony and reception?
Ceremony – Gesu Catholic Church
Reception – Grove Isle

13. What are your wedding colors?
Navy and Ivory

14. Where are you honeymooning?
Italy (Rome, Florence, Venice and Paris)

15. Favorite wedding vendor so far?
Vivian Colls --- she is also coincidentally related to my Fiancé’s family.

16. Biggest wedding splurge?
GROVE ISLE AND OUR CHAIRS! We got the mini couches for him and me!

17. What is something you wish you could have at the wedding but don't?
A band …. I would love live music but we just can’t afford it.

18. Another Knottie whose wedding you'd like to attend?
Priya! It’s right before mine and like I said under her post … Indian weddings amaze me!

19. Favorite book?
Harry Potter books

20. Favorite movie?
The Princess Bride --- possibly the only movie I quote.

21. Favorite tv show?
I like talent shows like the voice and x factor.

22. Favorite wedding dress designer?
Pronovias and any other Spanish influenced designers.

23. Any advice you can give to other Knotties whose big day is coming up?
Do not expect every single person to be as involved as you want them to be! Although they may be
super ecstatic and happy for you, they may not have the time to help you every step of the way. Or
may be scared they are overstepping their boundaries. Do not be offended and just take the help when
offered. AND YOU WILL NOT MAKE EVERYONE HAPPY!

24. Is there anything you wish you could change about your wedding?

Yeah – a few speedbumps. I expected my mom and sisters to be way more hands on than they were so
a few arguments arose from that. I think if I realized what was going on in their lives also we would not
have had those hiccups. But everything is perfect now.

25. Tell us your Knottie name and how you came up with it
XxMari518xX --- my e-mail address from when I was in high school!

26. Tell us about yourself!
I am one of the most indecisive people ever! Possibly because I’m scared that once I make a decision
something better will come along or someone will disapprove. This includes picking a place to eat. I am
now obsessed with Pinterest! And I am slightly embarrassed that I sound a little like “CACA (explicative)
Miami Girls Say.” ESPECIALLY the driving part, the caca part and the literally part. Oh yeah – and I’m like
a 5 year old because I curse once every like 10 years and I blush is someone makes me say something
inappropriate.

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: ::Knottie of the Week Is::... Mari!

• Congratulations!! Was fun to read about you an your Fi!!! Fi is a Gator I love going to Gainesville!
  • Aw! You got engaged on my birthday!! Yay!!

The story about how you guys met is so cute! I love that you guys kept going back to the same bar every wednesday! lol!

Love that you're getting married on Friday the 13th - very unique :)

Glad to get to know you more Mari!!!
    *February Siggy*
    <3 Favorite Picture of me and my man <3 <br>Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Congratulations!!
    Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Aw so fun reading more about you! Were almost date twins - one day apart :) hope your day goes perfectly!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I love your advise regarding take the help when they offered. I thought my future sis-in-law would be estatic to help with the wedding and she has totally been MIA. I have to remember she's doing her masters and that's very important. At the end of the day I know she loves us and will be there on our wedding date, which is all that matters.

*** TTC since 10/2010 (no planned bc since 2007) Me (31) Sept 2012 - DX Luteal Phase Defect. HSG 8/2012: both tubes are open, cervix and lining look good; hypothyroidism; DH (35) SA Normal Clomid 50mg, trigger
    10/2012 BFFN 1st cycle on clomid 50mg w/trigger shot, progesterone level 19.7, cd28 - hcg level 0.
    ***12/2012 Cycle #25 TTA break until March 2013***
    3T Jan2013 Siggy Challenge - Favorite Thing About Winter image
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    OB/GYN=expertise in pregnancy/labor; RE=expertise in getting pregnant. (read this on someone's post, feel free to PM me to give you credit) I'm so glad I have a RE on my team. Consult a RE after 1 year under 35yo; 6 months 35yo+
  • YAY!!  SUPER EXCITED/NERVOUS!!

PS GOOOOO GATORS!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Your proposal story is so cute!!

I love that your getting married on Friday the 13th-- those have always been lucky days for me!

Your honeymoon is going to be awesome! Italy is an amazing country. 

I think you gave some awesome advice to us-- thanks girl!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • LOL! I enjoyed learning more about you, Mari! Your proposal story made me laugh when you almost pushed him off the bed, and his aunt congratulating way too early Ha!
    *So Fla Board February Siggy* My babe and I
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It was great getting to know you, Mari!!!!  Your wedding is going to rock!!!!
  • Aw thanks for the shout out, Mari! Your wedding is going to be so beautiful! I love the Grove Isle - I've seen pictures and think your venue is so gorgeous!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards