Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

Parent Gifts

Hi everyone, I'm trying to figure out a unique gift for my parents.  I was thinking maybe a weekend away (we're in the Dayton area).  Does anyone have any ideas of bed & breakfast, wineries, or cabins in the area?  If not travel, any ideas of something besides the norm would be great.  Thanks!

Re: Parent Gifts

• Options
    edited December 2011
    There is the Elk Creek Winery -it's kind of close. It's down I-71 towards Louisville in Owenton. It looks really nice. 

Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Have you checked out cabins in Hocking Hills?

My new bff Gayle Forman!

?You can have your wishes, your plans, but at the end of the day, it's out of your control" - Gayle Forman
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Married Bio

Lizzie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)?????? image

• Options
    kelklumpkelklump member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    there is always the bourbon tour in Lexington / Louisville. They have lots of tours and packages available online for that.
  • Options
    mindiosumindiosu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got both sets of parents a family photo session. They get to schedule with the photog for the whole family and pick the location, since the photographer does on site shoots.  The package includes an 8x10 of their choice too. 

We also thought about doing a weekend in the city.  Hotel room, show tiks at the Aronoff, and dinner certificate.  We were thinking that it's too difficult for them to get away, but might like to spend an evening away from home.

If they are into wine, check out these B&Bs around Ohio
    http://www.bbonline.com/oh/winelover.html  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards