Second Weddings

To Those in the Shaken East

Did you want that martini stirred instead? 

How are you doing?  I know that earthquakes are unsettling and nerve wracking just because they are completely unexpected.  Hope you are all okay and not too stressed out. 

Just wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you. 

~Angie

Re: To Those in the Shaken East

• edited December 2011
    Only read about it, didn't even know it happened.  ~Donna
  • edited December 2011
    It was only a small wobble here, like you said, more nerves than anything. Great idea on the drink!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I just had to confirm with others in the office that the building did indeed shake and that I was not completely dizzy.
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • handfast4mehandfast4me member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Anybody heard from Lisa50? 
    image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
  • awayagainawayagain member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm in NJ. It was interesting.  I thought my cats were having a royal rumble upstairs but then I noticed my foyer light was swaying back and forth. It was over before I knew it.
    Possibly interesting side note - I woke up with a horrible headache this morning.  Drank water, resorted to Excedrin - nothing worked. A little while after  'the event' was over, I noticed my headache was finally gone. Do you think I am like a dog or something? My head could sense something coming?  Or was it just good timing?
  • handfast4mehandfast4me member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    AA:  No, I do not think you are like a dog.  :-)  However, you may be on to something.  Next time you get a headache, will you please let us all know?  :-P 
    image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
  • MikesAngieMikesAngie member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nothing from Lisa50 - sure hope someone hears something soon from her... 
  • 2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I definitely felt the quake.  It must have lasted at least 30 seconds, which left me with enough time to go:

1.  Hmm, there is a truck going by on the street.
    2.  That truck is taking an awfully long time to go by.  Am I imagining things, or is that an earthquake?
    3.  Oooooh, an earthquake!  Shiny!

There was, however, no damage here, except to the dignity of our poor dog, who ran under the bed when it started.
  • fireytigerfireytiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lol, I heard about it when my friend went into a full fledged panic, thinking that earthquake on east coast = all her family and friends in Baltimore, MD are now dead or dying. It was entertaining to say the least, as someone who grew up in southern California and slept through stronger earthquakes than a 5.9. :P
  • RNMOMTO3RNMOMTO3 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was in a car on the freeway in East TN so I didn't even know until my FI told me later.
  • edited December 2011
    We too were in a car not far from Richmond, and we never even noticed...probably because every road is under construction!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards