Michigan-Detroit
Options

Florist Opinions Needed!

So I have upcoming appointments with Creative Events in Macomb and possibly with Andrew's Atelier in Troy within the next month.  Anyone have any experience with either of these?  I think I am really only looking for someone to do bouquets and bouts and will probably DIY my centerpieces.  If no experience there, who do you suggest?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Florist Opinions Needed!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Liz with the Parsonage in Clarkston!!! she's awesome and sweet as pie!
  • Options
    JUJUREREJUJURERE member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    mmmmm I don't know either of those I'm sorry
    JuJubee 7.3.10
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had an initial consultation with Creative Events the sales rep was great with answering all of our questions, utilized brochures to show us various flowers and the colors they range in and the flowers are beautiful.  The displays in the backroom all looked very similar to us which left us questioning whether or not they would be able to produce the arrangements we want.  The rep asked for one week to return a quote because they were busy, which we were very understanding about, however it took about two weeks to get the quote. 

We have also met with Silk Thumb Florist, our sample pictures of arrangements were the same that we provided to Creative Events, the quote we received from Silk Thumb was about $500 less than Creative Events provided.  Silk Thumb did a great job as well with answering all of our questions, she took the time to show me flowers, flower brochures similar to what Creative Events did, as well as previous arrangements they had created. 

Please let me know what you think of Andrew - I have been communicating with his via email and he is very quick to respond.  I have yet to schedule a consult due to my schedule but love what I have seen on his website!

Hope this helps and good luck!
  • Options
    sunkissed212sunkissed212 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto Liz @ The Parsonage! Love her!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    TTC #1 since 8/2010...2 years, 6 IUI's and 1 m/c later...
    08/2012 IVF #1, 2 5-day blasts transferred 8/19 = BFP! Beta 1 (8/28)=241, Beta 2 (8/30)=457, Beta 3 (9/5)=3,813, u/s 9/13=Twins!, u/s 9/21=Surprise...there's one more! TRIPLETS!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!  Pricing was definitely what I was concerned about especially with Creative Events...I'll have to check out Liz at the Parsonage and will report back on my experience with Andrew as well!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I met Andrew at a Bridal Show last weekend and talked to him about flowers and the guy seemed to really know his stuff and wanted to help save me money. I scheduled a consultation with him via email and will let you know how it goes. The guy seems like he really knows his stuff
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards