Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum
Options

Bridal Shower time

I'm getting married of March 2011..the hosts have hinted the beginning of November for my shower. I feel like this month would work because of the Holidays.

When should FI and I register if the shower does end up being in November?

TIA!
Anniversary

Re: Bridal Shower time

• Options
    Typically bridal registration is about 6-9 months before the wedding.  I think if you register sometime in August or September (after the seasonal items are on the way out) you should be good.
  • Options
    And if you end up registering too early, you can always go back through online and edit your list.  FH and I ended up doing that, and I figure I'll probably go back over it in a few months just to be sure nothing was sold out or no longer being carried.
    "This is the most extraordinary thing about motherhood - finding a piece of yourself separate and apart that all the same you could not live without." ? Jodi Picoult Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Yes, you'll want to register before the shower invites go out.  If you're thinking it's going to be a suprise, you'll be safe to register about 6 months out. 

I find it's a good idea to register before the holidays anyway.  Most people's families give them registry gifts for the holidays.
  • Options
    Its never to early to start. you can put a few things on there now that you like and ask the store if the items are suppose to be discontinued anytime soon. My wedding is in Oct, but my MIL is offering to throw me a shower in April, so we just registered last week! Avoid things like bedding though. I guess that goes in and out depending on season
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards