Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Casual Bachelorette Party Ideas?

Hey ladies! Some of you have no idea who I am, but I was pretty active on this board, before our September 2011 wedding. I've been checking in every so often, & I see so many new faces, so congrats to you all!

I need some help in figuring out what to do for my FSIL's bach party & I knew my knotties would be the best place to get some info!

She wants to do something really laid back, ending with a bonfire at the end of the night, where we'll meet up with the guys. For my bach party, we went on a dinner boat cruise on Minnetonka, which was a blast & met up with the guys afterwards. I'm looking to do something sorta similar to that, but not the exact same thing, obviously.

I was looking into some sort of spa day, but I'm not sure who offers packages. Any other laid back ideas that I can look into?  She's not a big drinker & requested no penises on her head, so the bar/party scene isn't the direction I'm looking to go.

The party will be the Saturday before her July 21st wedding, with 10-15 people, & we'll probably want to stick in the northern suburbs & surrounding areas. 

TIA for any help you can provide ladies! = )

Re: Casual Bachelorette Party Ideas?

• Options

Does your friend not drink at all? If she does, a wine tasting might be fun. There are lots of vineyards in the area.
    One of my friends had some similar requests and we are going to the Mermaid to bowl for hers. That might be another idea.
    There is also the comedy club, or what about a ride on the MN Zephyr?

Photobucket
  • Options
    What about Pinstripes in Edina?  I haven't eaten there, but their food looks excellent and bowling/bocce are fun.  The space is really attractive too, and they have a patio.
  • Options
    For mine, I hinted to my sister that a Twins game would be fun.  You could get standing room tickets (which can run pretty cheap) and go to the bars around the field and watch the game.  It is just a fun laid-back idea, and if you don't want to drink there is plenty else to enjoy.
  • Options
    Oh a Twins game would be so much fun! I like that idea, Lang.

Gray, I think the Zephyr has been closed for like 3 years? Bummer but I'm pretty sure it isn't running anymore.
  • Options
    Yes, I'm pretty sure the Zephyr isn't running anymore. Sad.

I really like the idea of a wine tasting. Or what about a girls' day in Stillwater? You could do one of the paddleboat trips along the St. Croix river and have a nice dinner in town?
    Anniversary
  • Options
    What about a spa day at Simonson's? They have a lot of northern metro locations.

www.simonsons.com
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Great ideas, ladies!

Thanks for giving me some stuff to look into. Keep them coming if you have anymore!
  • Options
    Would the crowd going enjoy something like Paint Your Plate? You buy a plain white thing or things (anything from a spoon rest or a big cookie jar or dragon sculpture) and paint it, and they have tons of paints and stuff to decorate them. They fire them in a kiln, and you can pick your stuff up usually about a week later. If you've got OOT people, one person could volunteer to pick the stuff up and the guests could get their items at the wedding.

Or maybe some kind of a cooking class? I did a really fun three-day course at Cooks of Crocus Hill, but they have a lot of fun single-sessions, too.

Now that I think about it, these options might be kind of spendy if everything is hosted. I like the Pinstripes idea. Because Centennial Lakes is right there, you could rent paddle boats and stuff like that.
  • Options
    I second going to Pinstripes in Edina! You can call ahead and I know they do parties where you can bowl, play bocce ball and have appetizers out while your there. It's a pretty fun place geared more towards adult crowds rather than a bowling place for kids.
  • Options
    My MOH and I are also thinking about fun bach alternatives.  Some ideas we're throwing around:

-renting a limo to tour a few vineyards in either the Stillwater or Hastings areas
    -pole/lap dancing exercise class
    -renting out a space at Sky Zone in Plymouth for some fun and exercise (trampoline park)
    -Pinstripes (although I love this place it can get pricey)
    -Renting a house or vacation rental through VRBO.com in Hastings or Stillwater for a little antiqueing and/or vineyard tours

I am just not sure yet.  I want to do something outside the box for earlier in the day then I know we'll end up bar hopping and dancing wherever we end up.  Excited and I know it'll be fun whatever we decide!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Bummer! I loved the Zephyr =(
    Photobucket
  • Options
    love what many of the ladies mentioned.  Another option is like go to a specialized shop and do a tasting, like a wine & cheese or a chocolate tasting shop followed by a pampered party.  Truffle Hill Chocolates in Tonka Bay is like the cutest of all chocolate shopps. Followed by a lake tour on a boat.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards