Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Need a Officiant

My finance and I are planning on wedding for July 27, 2013 and we need to find a officiant. Neither one of us are involved in a regular church. I was wondeirng how do you go about finding someone and the questions that should be asked? Actually any help would be wonderful!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Need a Officiant

• Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited November 2012
    • Your venue manager may have a list of officiants who have performed ceremonies on site. 
    • You might try taking a look at nearby venues' websites and build a list of officiants from those -- often there is a list of preferred vendors, with officants listed.
    • When you go to wedding shows, ask florists, baker, DJs, photographers, etc. for references.
    • Ask all of your vendors for recommendations.
    • Touch base with everyone you know who recently married, find out who performed their ceremonies.
    • Google "wedding officiants City, ST " with the name of your ceremony jurisdiction plugged in.
    • Check out the Pittsburgh LOCAL WEDDING BOARDS (on the left) and ask for recommendations.
    • I'm sure someone else might have other suggestions ... good luck!
  • We were in the same boat, so I originally just went online looking for ministers with good reviews for non-denominational weddings. There were several to choose from, and I would have definitely gone with one of them, but then a coworker spoke up and told me her husband was a minister and would be happy to do it. Good luck!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_need-a-officiant?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:10Discussion:cd31f37e-e677-476d-85e3-8db7c041a7ccPost:d4991818-48aa-425e-abeb-390d7c028792">Re: Need a Officiant</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do you want a church wedding?  It isn't clear from your original post.
    Posted by CMGr[/QUOTE]

We are not planning a church wedding. We're going to have it either outdoors or in a ballroom.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Mayors can do ceremonies.
  • Ironically you can google anything... However, a friend of mine became "ordained" on line and was able to perform it with a personal twist.
    Each state has it's own laws, so just look into that, if that is something you might consider and good luck!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards