June 2012 Weddings

Guest books

Are you having one at your wedding? If yes, is it a photo book or just blank pages? If no, why not?

I'm not sure what i'm doing yet. I go back and forth with it. 

Re: Guest books

• We didn't do a book.  Instead we made question cards for guests to fill out.  I plan to assemble them into a scrapbook after the wedding.  If you are interested in seeing what I did, you can check out my planning bio (link in my siggy) and scroll over DIY and click on paper.
  • I got a groupon deal for Mixbook and used out e-pics to make a guest book! Just got in Monday and we LOVE it! We also had enough, to get just a book for FI and I of all our e-pics. Not a bad deal $11 for 2 books! :)

image 220 Are ready to party!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I made a free book from Shutterfly. It has our e pics in it.

First Look
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We actually decided to go with a poster, rather than a book. I just thought it would be nice to have something we can hang up and see, rather than I book I'd know we'd shove in a closet or drawer.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/86810156/wedding-guest-book-alternative-signature?ref=&sref=
  • I'm having a traditional one at my ceremony ( to please my mom) and then for the reception I made a calender for all the guests to put their birthdays or special anniversaries in so we can always remember all of our guests special dates and send them a card in the future ( plus it was free bc i made it which makes it so much better lol)
  • We are using a frame with a mat around one of our engagement pics that the guests will sign. We will then hang it in our house.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have a traditional sign your name one, then I have one where they fill out advice cards and put it in an envelope. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Photobook. Some pages have lines on it to sign but the pages are mostly pictures. We're going to encourage people to sign "yearbook style" on the inside cover. :)
  • Our photographer is making us a photobook from our e-pics.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Wow this all sounds so amazing! When I started with the whole guest book thing my mom kind of scoffed at it and said that she had never heard of it before. That kind of discouraged me to get one even though we have all these beautiful engagement photos that we paid for and should put in a book. Sometimes I can't wait to just be married already!
  • ncd5015ncd5015 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    We aren't doing a book.  Instead, we decided on having people sign a Phillies jersey with our last name on it. We're going to get it framed and hang it in our house after the wedding.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are doing a photo book.  I make it on mixbook using a groupon.  I had enough to make a 1 year book for my niece too!  I used our e-pics for our book and it turned out great.  There are some pages wtih lines for guests to sign and some with pics and cute quotes
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 203 Invited so far!
    image 142 Are ready to party!
    image 61 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • We are actually signing glass tiles with a certain pen. Then we are placing all the tiles around a mirror that we will hang in our house.
    Cappadocia, Turkey
    June 2012 March Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon location
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    image 215 Invited so far!
    image 160 Are ready to party!
    image 30 Will be missing out!
    image 25 Are MIA!
  • aor9487aor9487 member
    First Comment
    We are putting one of our favorite E-pics in a frame we bought that's engraveable..kinda like the frames with the white mat, but instead it almost looks like a mirror and comes with an engraving pen. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 92 Ready to party!
  • This is what we're doing. We may have two just in case the matting is not big enough...some of our friends like to draw pictures:)

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_guest-books-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:19b7e55c-d92d-4067-91f6-32972ff47d91Post:e0f640ed-3c74-48ce-92c9-80947e3201bf">Re: Guest books</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are using a frame with a mat around one of our engagement pics that the guests will sign. We will then hang it in our house.
    Posted by Ash61612[/QUOTE]
  • Love this idea!! What program or vendor did you use to make it? (Word, Publisher, FedEx, Walgreens?)

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_guest-books-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:19b7e55c-d92d-4067-91f6-32972ff47d91Post:2bfbb911-54e6-409e-a482-8d555a71ba71">Re: Guest books</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm having a traditional one at my ceremony ( to please my mom) and then for the reception I made a calender for all the guests to put their birthdays or special anniversaries in so we can always remember all of our guests special dates and send them a card in the future ( plus it was free bc i made it which makes it so much better lol)
    Posted by futuremrsbecerra[/QUOTE]
  • We're having a photobooth, in which a copy of every picture goes into an album and the guest signs next to their sleeve of pics immedietely.  So, yes, but in a funky way.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're having a photobooth so our guest book will be an album of all the pictures that people can sign next too. I've seen them before and they're usually really fun.
    I love the jersey idea too!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_guest-books-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:19b7e55c-d92d-4067-91f6-32972ff47d91Post:dfbd3ec8-d416-4e58-8eed-f3d53858800b">Re: Guest books</a>:
    [QUOTE]Love this idea!! What program or vendor did you use to make it? (Word, Publisher, FedEx, Walgreens?) In Response to Re: Guest books :
    Posted by Elizabeth80[/QUOTE]

If you private message me your private email I can send it to you. And if you like it you can use it and just change some stuff to fit you and your fiance. I also left a little space on each month if the guests wanted to write a little note to us.
  • so just to be clear..everyone is doing some type of "leave a little note for the newlyweds!" thing? be it a guest book or some other type of sign here item?

I better get to work on this!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_guest-books-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:19b7e55c-d92d-4067-91f6-32972ff47d91Post:02ed6ad3-739a-43c1-8485-d97ea9bf813f">Re: Guest books</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow this all sounds so amazing! When I started with the whole guest book thing my mom kind of scoffed at it and said that she had never heard of it before. That kind of discouraged me to get one even though we have all these beautiful engagement photos that we paid for and should put in a book. <strong>Sometimes I can't wait to just be married already!
    </strong>Posted by Chelly84[/QUOTE]

Sometimes? I have that thought at least 1464897486144978914 times a day. :)
  • With our photo booth they make a scrapbook with a set of the photos and people sign it.  So we're doing a "wish vase" for folks to write on little cards in case they don't do the photo booth and I'll put those on scrapbook paper and add them to our photobooth scrapbook.  This was the easiest thing I could come up with to essentially not have 2 guestbooks!

And I'm with Midge, I have the thought of wishing I were married 2109374 times a day and a good part of that reason is because once we're back from the honeymoon it means we start house hunting!!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_guest-books-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:19b7e55c-d92d-4067-91f6-32972ff47d91Post:a71fe3c3-ccef-4726-b4a6-821eb3dae0e0">Re: Guest books</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Guest books : Sometimes? I have that thought at least 1464897486144978914 times a day. :)
    Posted by midgetthemighty[/QUOTE]

<div>lol it's refreshing to hear i'm not the only one who feels that way! :) Some chicks I know act like wedding planning is the easiest and most lovely experience! </div>
  • Here's mine:

The guests sign the leaves and we had a frame custom designed to fit it in; it's in our living room after that.

The truth is that because of our theme there was this AMAZING guest book I wanted but it cost over $150! To have this designed plus the custom frame was about $80.
    Vacation White Knot
  • Im honestly not sure yet! Our wedding is nautical themed, its right on the ocean in Boston, and I was thinking of getting white wooden oar's for people to sign, and then we can hang in our house.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_guest-books-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:19b7e55c-d92d-4067-91f6-32972ff47d91Post:e0f640ed-3c74-48ce-92c9-80947e3201bf">Re: Guest books</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are using a frame with a mat around one of our engagement pics that the guests will sign. We will then hang it in our house.
    Posted by Ash61612[/QUOTE]

Ditto Ash. We will change it to a wedding pic (squeeeeee) later on.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We did a photo guestbook. I wanted something we'd actually look at again
  • We are, but it will only be at the reception.

We're getting a 11 x 20 print of an old picture of our Alma Mater's campus framed and having our guests sign the matte. My grandparents did that for their wedding and my mom always loved it.
  • we are having a photo book from mixbook with our engagement pics.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We are doing a photo book with our engagement pictures. Not having a guest book attendant though!
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards