Wedding Party

Super Pregnant Maid of Honor!!!

My wedding is in August and my sister/maid of honor just told me she is pregnant!!! She will be 8 1/2 months along for my wedding. I wanted all my bridesmaids to wear the same dress but now I think I will have to adjust that so my sister will feel comfortable. Should I just let all the bridesmaids pick their own dresses now or try to pick one dress suitable for everyone?

Re: Super Pregnant Maid of Honor!!!

• I would let your sister pick out a new dress that she can wear comfortably. Let her know she has to keep along with the same color (and fabric if you choose). She can be in a different dress than your other BMs.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Your sister is the MOH so I don't think it will look odd if she's in a different dress than the rest of the BM.  Let her pick a dress that she finds comfortable at 8 1/2 months pregnant.  
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I agree with PP.  DB has some great BM dresses for pregnant woman.
    November 2011 Siggy Challenge: The First Kiss
    Fall Wedding Bio
  • I don't think that you should have to change all of the BM's attire. People will see that your MOH is obviously pregnant and wont think twice about her being different from the rest. I'd have her pick a dress in a similar length, color, and fabric that can accomodate her new body.
    Photobucket
  • Let your 'maids match and your MOH be different.  It's a classic look and will let her wear something more comfortable and flattering.
  • One of my BMs was almost 9 months pregnant at our wedding. I let her pick any black dress she wanted (my BMs wore black). I think she got something at Target in the maternity section. I also let her wear flats instead of heels (I let the girls pick their shoes but said heels for the rest of them). And I offered her a chair if she needed to sit during the ceremony.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • If you haven't picked dresses yet Bari jay actually had some great maternaty options - I had two bm trying to get pregnant when I was choosing dresses so just chose a Bari jay color and fabric and let everyone choose a style so those two could pick something they liked that would fit and make them comfortable.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • As much as I dislike David's Bridal, this is a situation where they could be really helpful to you. They have a Maternity section, they tend to match the cuts of their dresses across categories (ex: jr. bridesmaid to regular bridesmaid to plus-size to maternity,) they use the same colors across their fabrics, and they use similar fabrics across their lines.

The only downside is they require 6 weeks to preorder, and it might be hard for a woman who's pregnant to guess how big she'll be on different parts of her body.

As for her being two weeks short of delivering, it's not unheard of for babies to come 2 weeks early, or 2 weeks late. There's a solid chance she'll be having the baby over your wedding.
  • Depending on style, most dresses could be altered to fit a pregnant MOH, so as long as the dress will look good on everyone, it shouldnt be a problem.
    Another option, is i know some people will change their date so that its after they have the baby, but it depends on how far in the planning you already are.
    I had to change mine, my MOH was due three days from my original wedding date of May 12. I changed it to October 27, well after her baby is born. it takes the stress off her since she could have the baby at any moment, or have it before then and not be able to come, and the stress off me for wondering if I will even have an MOH.
    Good Luck!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • My girls wore Alfred Angelo 7016S, but they have the same one in Maternity, it's just long.  they also have the regular one in long.  They are beautiful gowns and look awesome on both twigs and baby bumps alike.  So if you still wanted to go matching, then choosing a style that also comes in a maternity cut would work.  Otherwise, I'd say to let them choose their own. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My MOH will be 7 1/2 months pregnant when I get married.  We chose a dress from Eden Maids, it wasn't a maternity dress, but it has an empire waist.  She bought it with extra length so that the seamstress will be able to make an even hem for her closer to the wedding date. 

As PP said, make sure there is somewhere she can sit. 
  • Also, if there are any duties you have reserved for her on the day of, you might want to share those duties with someone else in the event that the baby comes early. Maybe one of your other bridesmaids.
  • Well this happened to me with one of my BM..she is now 7 months but when we ordered the dresses she didn't know she was prego. So when it came in she took it to alterations and all they had to do was add a panel to the back so it closed. She can still wear the same dress as everyone else. Had I known then that she was prego I would have let her pick another dress in the same color so that she was comfy!! It all worked out so don't worry...it can be done!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Have you asked her if she still wan't to be your MOH?  It might be difficult for her.  8.5 months is very far along there is a good chance she could go into labor a couple weeks early and she won't even be at your wedding. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards