New York-Western

Need a makeup artist and videographer!!

Any suggestions on makeup artists that will preferably travel on location for weddings? I have read many mixed reviews on Glam on Location and was hoping to find something a little cheaper in price. I have also read about So Chic Now but will appreciate any and all suggestions!

We are also looking for a videographer to book as well for our day. Please help!

Thanks!

Re: Need a makeup artist and videographer!!

• Hi,

I know that the reviews that have been posted on this board for Glam on Location have been mixed, but I can tell you that I just used Heather for my wedding July 28th and it worked out really well.  But if you search on weddingwire, they have lots of makeup services listed, and several of them advertise they will travel to you.  So I think you have lots of options, but Glam on Location worked for me.  

As far as a videographer, I had the brother of a friend do it--he does this as summer job (he's a teacher during the regular school year).  He did a very simplified version, just shooting the straightforward ceremony and the first dances, toasts, etc at the wedding.  He did stay and shoot a bit of the dancing too.  We didn't have a huge budget left for a videographer, but I really wanted a video of the basics from the day, so this option worked well for us. If you have a bigger budget, Phenomenon events seems to have some good videos, but I don't always love all the music they choose (I'm sure you can customize that though).  I also really fell in love with a wedding video I saw from a company called Shutter Dreams--they may be expensive, but wow was that video gorgeous!

Hope this helps.

Alison :)
  • Check out http://www.17videoproduction.com/ for video!
    I am a former bride and a current wedding photographer. A lover of all things Buffalo. And I'm full of wedding info!
  • I used Liz Dugan for my hair and makeup and loved her. She works at Teez Salon in Kenmore but travels to you. She was amazing!!!! Brought champagne and bagels for us too.
    BabyFetus Ticker image
  • I had my trial with Nadine at So Chic now and she was great. Her work was beautiful. And her prices were cheap for coming to my house with about 45 min travel time one way. My wedding is 91512 I will be able give a better review after that. Good luck
  • I used Salonagogo and Jenny was great! We ended up getting our hair and makeup done at her house at trial prices since we couldn't get into our venue early enough, but she usually travels.
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • Thanks for all your help ladies!
  • I ended up having my hair done at Euphoria salon in the Galleria mall and they did a fantastic job.
  • DO NOT use Glam on Location! I booked Heather in June 2011, which was over a year away from my August 18th, 2012 wedding...and 6 days before my wedding I received an email saying that she was no longer able to travel to my wedding in Geneva, NY that coming Saturday. 6 DAYS BEFORE?!!! What she did was beyond unprofessional... she didn't even have the decency to call me and tell me! She blamed the situation on experiencing pain, which was going to result in having surgery. I understand things happen, but there are holes in her story. We had a larger wedding party so when I made the arrangements with Heather she had agreed to send herself plus 3 other girls to Geneva. Even if she was sick... why couldn't the 3 other girls still come to Geneva and do our hair and makeup?! I asked Heather this question and received no response, which was actually fine with me because at that point I wanted nothing more to do with her and did NOT want to rely on her for anything. Also, she is doing the hair and makeup for a friend of the family for their upcoming wedding and of course she showed up for her hair trial soon after our wedding date and did not appear to be in ANY pain at all.... which leads us to believe that her story was definitely a lie! She is a complete scam artist and do not put your trust in her for your wedding day! Back in Feb/March Heather held a contest on her facebook page to see who could get the most friends to like her page and in exchange, we would win a glam bag! I won her contest, but I am still waiitng to receive that bag... that should have been my red flag right there to get out! When I found out Heather was going to be a no-show for our wedding I demanded a refund... I am STILL waiting for that refund even thought she send she would mail it out that week.

I was left scrambling to find someone for our wedding and I am not from Geneva so I was not familiar with the area at all! Luckily, I contacted Jenny Wilson at Salon a Go Go also located in the Buffalo area and she was AMAZING! She worked so hard ot find stylists for us that were willing to come to Geneva on such short notice and she succeeded! I can't thank her enough for everything that she did and I would recommend Salon a Go Go hands down if you are looking for an on location hair and makeup team!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks for the input! Good or bad it is definitely helpful!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards