March 2013 Weddings
Options

Fabric Flowers

So since I'm an avid crafter, I love sewing, I thought fabric flowers were very 'me' and it's cheaper and I can have them all ready in advance! So here was my inspiration! I found this on Etsy

And here's the flower's I've made! I'm trying to do them in bulk, so I'm making a ton of each flower at once, then moving on to the next :-) i' have a few different kinds of favric, next i'm going to try making peonies! I have a few broaches I might put in there too!
siggyaugust Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Fabric Flowers

• Options
    Those are beautiful, Misscrafty!  I take it your wedding colors are purple?  Are you going to make the boutonnieres, too?

Julie
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Options
    Ooh, nice! I'm thinking of making fabric flowers too from a tutorial on Pinterest. I'll have to get some advice from you if I can't figure it out :-) hehe
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • Options
    Julie- Yes I'll make the boutonnieres too!
    Jenni, it was super easy, I'm sure you'll be fine, but lmk if you need help! :-)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2013-weddings_fabric-flowers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:2fb7282e-ed53-4794-84c9-f5617fc97f8bDiscussion:87e757f7-f784-4093-a3d2-d2340cff5055Post:91da3e33-bb35-47ff-b83d-72f7140e0eaa">Re: Fabric Flowers</a>:
    [QUOTE]Julie- Yes I'll make the  boutonnieres too!
    Posted by misscrafty84[/QUOTE]

Neat!  I hope you post pics after you do those, too!  You've really got a talent there.

Julie
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2013-weddings_fabric-flowers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:2fb7282e-ed53-4794-84c9-f5617fc97f8bDiscussion:87e757f7-f784-4093-a3d2-d2340cff5055Post:9930fcd1-d471-401c-98cb-3a8a041da2b8">Re:Fabric Flowers</a>:
    [QUOTE]These are fantastic! I'm not planning on wearing a veil, so I hope to find a flower like one of these for my hair.
    Posted by Sleeper2013[/QUOTE]

<div>I"m not wearing a veil either :-) It was funny because my Gma was with and she's like, skip the veil! But my mom was "No, you have to have a veil!" And expected my Gma to be the one insisting on a veil!</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2013-weddings_fabric-flowers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:2fb7282e-ed53-4794-84c9-f5617fc97f8bDiscussion:87e757f7-f784-4093-a3d2-d2340cff5055Post:f11d6772-4ebe-481a-8edb-59fffde3ffda">Re:Fabric Flowers</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Fabric Flowers : I"m not wearing a veil either :-) It was funny because my Gma was with and she's like, skip the veil! But my mom was "No, you have to have a veil!" And expected my Gma to be the one insisting on a veil!
    Posted by misscrafty84[/QUOTE]

That's so funny about your grandma and your mother having the opposite opinions than you expected! I love life moments like that.

Julie
  • Options
    jennipea382jennipea382 member
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited July 2012
    I was thinking about not having a veil either but my FI looked a little disappointed when I told him that, plus they're so cheap to make! I think I'm also doing a flower in my hair though, and I'll probably make it. I'm thinking maybe feathers though instead of fabric for that one :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards