Ohio-Cincinnati

Rehearsal dinner - Dayton

My FI and I would like to have an outdoor, barbecue feel for our rehearsal dinner.  Relaxation and simplicity is important to us.  He also feels that a formal, dressy restaurant would be too impersonal.

We're getting married in October.  I'm really struggling with a location.  Halls are all pricey to rent, and it gets dark so early in the fall.

Old River is closed this year for renovation.   We'd like to have the rehearsal dinner somewhere other than Carillon because we are marrying there.

Any ideas?

Re: Rehearsal dinner - Dayton

• edited December 2011
    Have you thought about Polen farms or Benham grove?  I've also thought about doing the Packard museum, not outdoorsy, but cool.  I'm getting married at Carillon in Sept!  I need to figure out rehearsal dinner soon too.  Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Have it at a Metro Park?

Or have it at a more informal restaurant, maybe pizza at Marion's or Dewey's?
    Married! :) 5/19/12 The Domesticals

• edited December 2011
    I like the MetroPark idea.  If you don't want to cook the food yourselves, City BBQ caters, and the prices are reasonable.
  • edited December 2011
    Tj Chumps in Miamisburg has a huge outdoor patio.....They do all kinds of big parties.  The only problem is that they enclose the patio when the weather starts to get cold but they do it at their own discretion, so you might be able to pursuade them to keep it open for your event.  It's nice, relaxed.....a bit loud though and the prices are soso.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards