Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Hil*

How did you attach the top of the card box. I am thinking hot glue?

Re: Hil*

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hot glue would work.  I used a staple gun and just covered up the staples LOL.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I'll play with hot glue since I don't have a staple gun!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    As long as you trust your guests, hot glue should be fine.  If you question the security of your cards at all, you may need to reinforce it with something stronger.  You could also ask someone to plan to empty it out after the cocktail hour or dinner and give the cards to someone you trust.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    my pop is always always in charge of holding cards/gifts at parties. Maybe I will empty it and have it given to him. Who would I ask? the maitre d?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know with our reception the Maitre 'D moved the card box into the reception room right next to us.  So yeah, give your venue a call and see if they can do it.... if not, just ask a BM or something.  It shouldn't take too much time.

At my friend's wedding, she did a receiving line where I (as MOH) collected all the cards in a satin bag and then her family held on to it during the reception.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

My nan was going to make me a bag....I don't want to feel like I am "asking" for cards.

I have a meeting with my venue tonight I will ask!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm pretty sure I saw decent bags at Michaels... just in case you want one last minute.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards