Ohio-Cincinnati

Who all comes

to the rehersal dinner? I obviously know my wedding party, parents, siblings, parents of flower girl and ring bearer, and my officiant (Grandpa) and Grandma. But, what about my other grandparents?
~*Married my best friend on October 2, 2010*~ BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Who all comes

• DebbydewDebbydew member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm going to have my grandma there, and probably his too if they are in town. Some people invite out of towners, but we aren't doing that because there will just be to many (his entire extended family!).
  • ninjette04ninjette04 member
    edited December 2011
    Well that was kind of my issue, we will have so many people, to then add on others might just be too much.
  • kelklumpkelklump member
    edited December 2011
    you add who you want. I had my wedding party and spouses (or their guest), grandparents, readers, and officiant. Remember its your event, and you dont want to entertain all night. Its a great time to thank those that are helping with your wedding, and relax before the event.
  • edited December 2011
    I don't know if this is the right way to ago about it, but I think we're going to invite just the out of town guests who came from fairly far away, like from New York, Canada, or overseas. We don't expect the other guests to arrive Friday anyway, they'll probably drive in Saturday (wedding day).
  • edited December 2011
    I ran into this problem too...we are getting married in New Orleans, so what we have decided to do is have a small group at Rehearsal Dinner (parents, sibs, grandparents, wedding party, etc.) then we are having a Welcome Party at a Quarter pub/restaurant to see everyone else.  We are not picking up the tab, but I am providing some small desserts and have asked people if they wanted to stop in on their way out on the town, or way in, we will be at XYZ from 8-10, please stop by!
  • ninjette04ninjette04 member
    edited December 2011
    Ok, thanks for the input ladies, I think I'll check with FMIL to see if who I want to come is ok, and then make my final decisions based off of that!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards