Virginia

Photography help

My church requires a silent shutter for photos during the ceremony.  I can't find any photographers with a silent shutter camera....  any suggestions?  thanks!

Re: Photography help

• Avion22Avion22 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've never heard of a "silent shutter" but I would imagine that most digital cameras are "silent" as I don't think there's actually a shutter that closes like there would be with a film camera.    Not sure about that though.  Have you asked photographers? 

Does the church have any recommendations on photographers that have been used in the past?  
    DSC_9275
  • Yellow+BelleYellow+Belle member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here's the problem: it's not the shutter that makes noise on a professional camera; it's the mirror flipping up & down. SLR cameras, digital or not, have a mirror that's going to move every time you take a picture. The only "silent shutter" camera would be a point-&-shoot style that has no mirror, & that will definitely compromise the quality of indoor photos. I suppose you could ask your church for clarification, & see if they really know what they're asking for (maybe they mistakenly think digital SLRs are magically quiet vs. traditional film cameras?)...or ask your pro photographer to use a point-&-shoot during the ceremony :( HTH
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards