Gay Weddings

Fem/Fem wedding processional ideas

Hello! We are getting married next May and My fiance and I are both formal (she in a flowy pant suit and I in a gown) 
She has 4 girls/guys on her side and 4 on mine, + flower girl/ring bearer
Everything is fairly traditional and we are both being walked down the aisle, this is the problem,
She has chosen and upbeat song (Usher) to walk down to, and I and my party are going down to (Rascal flats,) slow and sappy!
My concern is, traditionally, its the wedding party (guests sitting) bride, (standing) 
If we do 2 different processionals it will be sit stand sit stand sit, way to much for some of the older ones.
Meeting in the middle isnt really an option because of there being 2 different songs.
Any thoughts on how to make this a little smoother would be great!! thank you!

Re: Fem/Fem wedding processional ideas

• WHAT IF YOU DID LIKE A REMIX WITH THE SONGS THAT BOTH OF YOU ARE WALKING DOWN THE AISLE TO. HAVE HER SONG PLAY FIRST AS SHE WALKS DONW THEN IT REMIX INTO YOURS. THAT WAY THE GUESTS ARE STILL STANDING AND YOU CAN CHOOSE WHAT PART OD THE SONG THAT YOU GUYS WANT PLAYING WHILE YOUR WALKING
  • A few options popped in as I read your question:
    1.  Could your bridal parties walk in to the Usher song followed by you and fiance coming in either singularly or together to Rascal Flatt?
    2.  Could one song be the processional and the other your recessional?
    3.  Have her bridal party and her come in to the Usher song followed by your bridal party and you to the Rascal Flatt song, but have the officiant announce for everyone to please remain seated and not stand for either bride?   .
    4.  as many churches do in your program indicate at the point when brides enter, "those who are able please stand"  (I wouldn't think twice about standing for both brides and those who can't would be able to just remain seated)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards