Wedding Recap and Withdrawal
Options

Bridezilla moment (?)

Did you have one? If so, let us know! Even if you weren't a raging bride with vindictiveness abundant, did you snap in one itsy-bitsy way?

Do you have a picture to show for something over which you were angered?

I'm trying to think if I have anything myself...

Re: Bridezilla moment (?)

• Options
    B2Z728B2Z728 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited November 2012
    This is pretty far from a bridezilla moment, but how about the "you better not shove cake in my face" look? He's giving the "hmmm should I do it?" face. 

(p.s. this is not flattering, but I still think the picture is really funny)

ETA: My parenthesis didn't make sense before. Editing fail. 
    Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Photographer - Steve Belner, of Photovisions
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Check out my cooking blog, SERIF & SPICE!
    Our wedding has been featured on a wedding blog!

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_bridezilla-moment?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:12Discussion:97627865-cbf9-4e5a-ac69-d5173116ba84Post:f7feb914-9bd7-47a6-ba76-fc3ef3f8775e">Re: Bridezilla moment (?)</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is pretty far from a bridezilla moment, but how about the "you better not shove cake in my face" look? He's giving the "hmmm should I do it?" face.  (Please not this is not flattering, but I still think the picture is really funny)
    Posted by B2Z728[/QUOTE]

I love it! Expression pics are the BEST! :) And it CAN be a Bridezillaish moment if you're usually a go-with-the-flow kind of person! :)
  • Options
    a couple small ones but one that i remember....

ceremony and reception and everything was all at the same hotel. we all stayed the night before the wedding at the hotel.

morning of the wedding my maid of honor and i left early to go do hair, makeup nails and pedis. we wouldn't arrive back to the hotel until about 30 minuts before we wanted to be ready for pics. no big deal all i really had to do was literally put my dress on.

so as we are leaving the spa, my hubby calls to tell me how great everything in the reception room is looking and the candy buffet this, and the favors that, blah blah blah.

i flipped s**t. i had spent a year and a half day after day planning every little minor detail...dont get me wrong he tried to help but lets be honest i did the majority of the work.

so ive spent a year and half and this reception is all my ideas and passion and your there getting to see it come to life and im not!! so then my inner bridezilla came out!
  • Options
    Nah... My BMs were actually really annoyed that I didn't ask them to anthing other than buy the dress and show up. They wanted to be helpful, and they did some things  here and there after harassing me to put them to work. 
    I was sooo terrified of being a "bridezilla". 

There was ONE moment.. It wasn't bridezilla but you might be able to count it? 
    I had a HORRIBLE flu on our wedding weekend so I hadn't eaten anything for two days. The day of I was so weak I could barely hold myself up in my dress and heels.. My husband couldn't make up his mind as to who could be in the pictures "no m parents, no you too sweety, oh wait no just my siblings, wait let's do... " 
    So finally I just ... sat down on the ground looked up at him with a pout and said, " you let me know when you want me to stand up" 
    lol 
    I was just sooo tired.. he came over and lifted me up and kissed my forehead with an apology. It was really cute.. but the picture is silly :) 

• Options
    I love the stories - but I'm sorry about the terrible flu firsttimers had! :) So fun! I love the details and the uber cute pics! -this keeps me from doing what I'm SUPPOSED to be doing! :)  @Kwitherington - love both dresses!
  • Options
    I had one, but it was overall pretty funny and I knew it was ridiculous. Our venue was concrete floors and I was wearing 4 inch heels dancing like a crazy person all night and my calves started to cramp. I am a generally hyper person, so this really didn't surprise anyone. At the end of the night I was complaining to my two sisters and they offered to massage my calves, and, well, this is where my shame came in and the photographer caught it.

• Options
    o.m.g. 
    cwagg.. Seriously. BEST. PHOTO. EVER. 
    hahahaha! What a great and silly memory caught on film! :) 
  • Options
    GREAT pic!! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO funny! :)
  • Options
    My dad told me about a month before our wedding that he was thinking of shaving his moustache.  He has had a moustache since I have been born, so I have never seen him without one.  I started whining and complaining about how if he did that he wouldn't look like himself for our wedding day and photos.  I have no idea why I felt so strongly about it.  I fully acknowledge that it was beyond childish.  He didn't end up shaving it, much to my relief :) Looking back, this was really my only bridezilla moment, so I think I did alright!
  • Options
    QueerFemmeQueerFemme member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited November 2012
    My only moment was literally 5 minutes before walking down the aisle.  I really tried to be very careful about having freakout moments. I let my BMs pick their own dresses, and I paid for them. Any internal freakouts I was having, I did my best to keep to myself (or shared them on TK).  I had major dress meltdown/regret for a good 6 months, but I tried not to make anyone else crazy with it.

BUT, my one freakout moment happened as my friend was lacing my corset up.  She laced it up wrong, and also, kept pulling my longline bra down in the back because she was convinced it would show.  So, when she laced up my dress, it was laced sort of weird (not in the "v" shape it was supposed to be.. wider at the top, tighter at the bottom), and it didn't look right, and since she pulled my bra down, and the dress "up" the dress seemed way too tight at the top.  She was standing behind me saying "christina... I don't think it fits right... "  Now..  I had my final fitting FOUR days before the wedding.  I had to have six inches taken in on the waist/hip area and probably 3 around the bust on that dress because it was really really big.   And, this was also the friend that came to my two fittings with me. And she laced me up at the seamstress, so she could "make sure she knew what she was doing on the wedding day".

Then, she said "Maybe you have gained a little bit of weight".  I FLIPPED out.  And screamed 'I JUST HAD A FLUCKING FITTING 4 FLUCKING DAYS AGO.  YOU ARE DOING SOMETHING FLUCKING WRONG". 

So, I walked away, turned in the mirror and realized my bra was down about 4 inches to low and my dress was up about 3-4 inches too high.  Bad combo.  I fixed it, and the dress laced up just fine, with plenty of room to spare.

Here is a photo that my photographer took after she started over (for the 3rd time) immediately after my blowup and I was trying to breathe and calm down!

• Options
    Hrm, I too tried really super hard to be a nonbridezilla. For the majority, I succeeded, and my BMs were deeply grateful to have a chill bride. The only thing I was unfair about privately was a possible plus one for my husband's friend. I didn't much like tge man, and he made no secret that his new 'grilfriend' was a stripper who was half his age. This man practically lives in stripclubs, and his 'girlfriend' made no secret about just being with him for his money, which he could ill afford to be throwing at her. I briefly considered forbidding him from bringing this woman, but had to just realize that I couldnt do that without being a bridezilla. Thankfully, he ran out of money before the wedding, and she immediately left him, leaving it as a nonissue. Poor guy was devistated.
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_bridezilla-moment?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:12Discussion:97627865-cbf9-4e5a-ac69-d5173116ba84Post:ee6844fe-c993-4345-9f4b-b7ccfa4fb968">Re: Bridezilla moment (?)</a>:
    [QUOTE]o.m.g.  cwagg.. Seriously. BEST. PHOTO. EVER.  hahahaha! What a great and silly memory caught on film! :) 
    Posted by firsttimersluck[/QUOTE]

<div>Yeah we still laugh about it. Even though I'm the oldest, it's the middle one who's the boss for sure. I'm no diva, but I mean, literally my calves were convusing, and I waddled the first 2 days of our honeymoon because I couldn't walk straight.</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_bridezilla-moment?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:12Discussion:97627865-cbf9-4e5a-ac69-d5173116ba84Post:17565c8d-8c69-4903-a026-9ed88b20cb60">Re: Bridezilla moment (?)</a>:
    [QUOTE]My dad told me about a month before our wedding that he was thinking of shaving his moustache.  He has had a moustache since I have been born, so I have never seen him without one.  I started whining and complaining about how if he did that he wouldn't look like himself for our wedding day and photos.  I have no idea why I felt so strongly about it.  I fully acknowledge that it was beyond childish.  He didn't end up shaving it, much to my relief :) Looking back, this was really my only bridezilla moment, so I think I did alright!
    Posted by libby2483[/QUOTE]

Can I just add to this that when I was 3 or 4, my dad shaved his beard off, which he'd had since before I was born. It's one of their favorite stories that I was very weirded out by him without it and when I figured out what happened (he showed me how it worked and the beard bits in the sink) I cried and cried and kept telling him to put it back! haha, so, it's always been a thing that my dad has a beard since then (20 years now) so I can relate haha
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I had a bit of a Bridezilla moment at our rehearsal, I'm sorry to say. There were a few things that took me by surprise that we had not discussed with our officiant. Like he said, "Ok, this is the part where the father of the bride gives her away..." and I was like, "Um, I am not property. We're not doing this." We compromised and after hugging, Dad gave my hand to the pastor who put it on top of H's hand, but nothing was said. Also, the pastor was like, 'Now you're going to kneel here..." and I was like, "Whoa. I cannot kneel in my dress. It will not happen." So he let us stay standing. 
  • Options
    For whatever reason, I was super opposed to having our groomsman's girlfriend's son at our rehearsal dinner. I hadn't met the kid before and there were no other children there. I b!tched to H about it and never told the family that he couldn't come, but in hindsight I don't know what I was thinking! For goodness' sake they traveled from California to the wedding, I think I thought that she had left him home to come out here for two weeks once before she could do it again. I'm an idiot! He came to the rehearsal, was well behaved, never heard a peep out of him, and now the groomsman and girlfriend are married and I'm better friends with them now so I'm glad I never tried to say anything out loud to them!

I also feel badly about it now, but I told my H he should have his brother as Best Man rather than the above-mentioned groomsman. I know it really would have hurt his brother to not be Best Man, they are close and he was expecting it and with the groomsman living in California now we don't see them or keep in touch as often anymore, simply due to the distance. Like I said, I feel really badly about it now. Maybe that's not "bridezilla per se, but not my finest moment.
  • Options
    I was just a 'zilla to Jos A. Bank for the tuxes because they F'd up big time on my hubby and a few of our friends.  I just was over them, but ultimately got them $20 credits to each of the impacted guys, which was helpful.  However, it doesn't change the ill-fitting look of most of the guys in pictures.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_bridezilla-moment?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:12Discussion:97627865-cbf9-4e5a-ac69-d5173116ba84Post:98c5e7da-42b4-4f91-9e97-538b490bbba1">Re: Bridezilla moment (?)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was just a 'zilla to Jos A. Bank for the tuxes because they F'd up big time on my hubby and a few of our friends.  I just was over them, but ultimately got them $20 credits to each of the impacted guys, which was helpful.  However, it doesn't change the ill-fitting look of most of the guys in pictures.
    Posted by cajitasazules[/QUOTE]

this was my moment too! my brothers originally went on wednesday- the tuxes were wrong- they overnighted them and all the bridal guys went on thursday, both my brothers tuxes were STILL wrong and so was my H's and one groomsmans tux was in ORLANDO! needless to say they all didn't come in until 1pm saturday an hour before pictures were set to begin....
  • Options
    LOL

One of my bridesmaids waited until we were LEAVING THE HAIR SALON to inform me that she did not pack any hair supplies to do her hair at the church.  I was the only one who was supposed to have my hair professionally done and mybridesmaid wanted to come to "see the transformation" which was fine...but 3 hours before my wedding and she informs me that all she has for her hair was a single bobby pin, after we had beedn planning for MONTHS for her to do her hair at the church.  I was SOOOOO mad.  Luckily the stylist and her curling iron stepped in and saved me from killing her.

In retrospect, my wedding would NOT have been ruined even if she didn't have styled hair...but in the moment, I was not able to see that.

Oh, and about an hour later the same bridesmaid almost killed my mother by starting to drive away before my mom was completely in the car.  I yelled at her for almost killing my mother, on the morning of my wedding, but no one seems to think yelling about that was "bridezilla" in any way.  LOL
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Oh, the stories make me giggle! :) Thanks!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_bridezilla-moment?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:12Discussion:97627865-cbf9-4e5a-ac69-d5173116ba84Post:383327e6-f035-4a41-a7c6-164fbda32971">Re: Bridezilla moment (?)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bridezilla moment (?) : Can I just add to this that when I was 3 or 4, my dad shaved his beard off, which he'd had since before I was born. It's one of their favorite stories that I was very weirded out by him without it and when I figured out what happened (he showed me how it worked and the beard bits in the sink) I cried and cried and kept telling him to put it back! haha, so, it's always been a thing that my dad has a beard since then (20 years now) so I can relate haha
    Posted by danielleper03[/QUOTE]

My dad did something similar when I was young. He worked down the road from where we lived and across from his job was a barber shop. He went in one day, shaved off his beard and cut his hair(it wasn't that long but he really cleaned up). He walked in and scared my sister and I and she grabbed me and drug me under the dining room table. 20+ yrs later, I can't imagine my dad with a beard since he never grew his back.
    You never lose by loving. You always lose by holding back. - Barbara DeAngelis
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_bridezilla-moment?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:12Discussion:97627865-cbf9-4e5a-ac69-d5173116ba84Post:9a5b35d7-6a8f-40ee-b476-118e45012a30">Re: Bridezilla moment (?)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Nah... My BMs were actually really annoyed that I didn't ask them to anthing other than buy the dress and show up. They wanted to be helpful, and they did some things  here and there after harassing me to put them to work.  I was sooo terrified of being a "bridezilla".  There was ONE moment.. It wasn't bridezilla but you might be able to count it?  I had a HORRIBLE flu on our wedding weekend so I hadn't eaten anything for two days. The day of I was so weak I could barely hold myself up in my dress and heels.. My husband couldn't make up his mind as to who could be in the pictures "no m parents, no you too sweety, oh wait no just my siblings, wait let's do... "  So finally I just ... sat down on the ground looked up at him with a pout and said, " you let me know when you want me to stand up"  lol  I was just sooo tired.. he came over and lifted me up and kissed my forehead with an apology. It was really cute.. but the picture is silly :) 
    Posted by firsttimersluck[/QUOTE]

O.M.G that sucks! You poor thing, I'd be mortified if I was sick on the big day.  Good for you for keeping your spirits up though.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_bridezilla-moment?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:12Discussion:97627865-cbf9-4e5a-ac69-d5173116ba84Post:17565c8d-8c69-4903-a026-9ed88b20cb60">Re: Bridezilla moment (?)</a>:
    [QUOTE]My dad told me about a month before our wedding that he was thinking of shaving his moustache.  He has had a moustache since I have been born, so I have never seen him without one.  I started whining and complaining about how if he did that he wouldn't look like himself for our wedding day and photos.  I have no idea why I felt so strongly about it.  I fully acknowledge that it was beyond childish.  He didn't end up shaving it, much to my relief :) Looking back, this was really my only bridezilla moment, so I think I did alright!
    Posted by libby2483[/QUOTE]

I don't blame you in the slightest. I would flip if my dad shaved off his mustache - he has had his for over 40 years, since before he and my mom met. He shaved it off just once and none of us could look at him without cringing or laughing hysterically so he immediately grew it back. Plus, my mom kept getting creeped out - he looked remarkably like his twin without a mustache.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards