Florida-North Florida

Help with wedding/reception venues in and around Panama City Florida please!

I need help! I am on a very tight budget of $5000 or less for the entire wedding and am at my whits end in trying to plan my Oct. 2012 wedding. I have considered a lot of options and am open to just about anything cheap : ) I am inviting about 70 guests, but know of a few who will not attend because of how far away they live, but am still counting them since they could surprise me. I want to have the wedding and reception in the same area. Please help with any ideas or suggestions on wedding/reception venues in or around Panama City/ Panama City Beach FL area! Thanks!!!!!!

Re: Help with wedding/reception venues in and around Panama City Florida please!

• chickenbut143chickenbut143 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey dottie!  I'm also getting married in PCB, in April 2012.  I don't live in PCB, so i can't give advice on alot of venues, sorry!  My venue is the Edgewater beach resort (on front beach) and while my wedding will be beachside, the reception is in their conference center.  Its prob more than what you want to spend, but the option is out there.  When i was looking at options last summer, i found that quite a few people rent the "pop up" wedding vendors that put your wedding somewhere on the public beach...basically set up, you get married, then take down - obviously that would mean your reception would be elsewhere, but doing that was farily inexpensive.  We also looked at Baypoint Marriott too, but they were really expensive and not very accomidating. 

Let me know if you need help w/ anything else!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • dottysimsdottysims member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for the advice!!!! I agree with you about the Marriott, and will look into Edgewater.
  • Google beach weddings panama city beach. There are a ton of independent companies down here that do beach weddings for cheaper than resorts. Also, post a comment on Panama CIty Beach's Facebook page. They are really good about reposting asking their followers for suggestions. Which is a good mix of locals and vacationers you could get some great prospects from that. One of my friends did a cheap on the beach wedding last summer. I will ask her who she used.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards