Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Anna Maria Island Reception site needed

We want to get married on Anna MAria island FL. Not many reception sites that will allow us to bring in our own caterer. Thought of renting a yacht but can't find one big enough for 100 people and thought of renting a house on the beach and puttig up a large tent but a friend did that ad a cranky old neighbor had the reception shut down because of the noise ordinance despite the fact the bride and groom had gotten an exception from city hall. Can't have that happen I have people flying in from all over. ANy ideas?
Beach Bride

Re: Anna Maria Island Reception site needed

• Options
    i'd go over to that local board and see what they all say.

destination weddings board could also answer any questions that you may have
  • Options
    We had the same problem...there isnt anywhere on the island to hold that many people except the rec hall on the north end of the island but it isnt on the beach.  We decided to go to the Riverhouse Reef and Grill in Palmetto...there is a marriot right across the river for people to stay and there is a bed and breakfast across the street that hosts weddings and is beautiflul.  Good luck!
  • Options
    We went to a wedding on the beach in Anna Maria, the reception was here: http://www.regattapointemarina.com/

It was beautiful!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options

Contact a florist or photographer in the area and see where they do weddings most often.

• Options
    I know you mentioned bringing in your own caterer, but if you aren't dead set on that you might want to check out the Sandbar Restaurant.
  • Options
    FABULOUS IDEA!!!! Thanks
    Beach Bride
  • Options
    Very familiar with the Sandbar. When we go to the beach our spot is right in front of the
    Yellow House on Pine about 30 steps from the Sandbar. Had dinner and apps there. Their Oysters are great but their menu really isn't right for my wedding. But there are weddings there every week and they do handle them very well. Just not the right fot for this occassion.  ANd thanks everyone for all your ideas. You brides to be rock!
    Beach Bride
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards