Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Get expert answers to all your beauty questions

Hi Knotties -- Tomorrow (Thursday 3/29) we'll be launching our brand new sister site www.theblush.com, which will offer beauty and style tips, skincare advice and more. To celebrate we're going to have the editor of The Blush, Blush Ysolt, on this board for a Q&A.

Want advice on skincare leading up to your wedding day, the best product recommendations for clearing up acne or other beauty tips? Post your beauty questions in this thread today and tomorrow and Blush Ysolt will answer them on Thursday, 3/29.

Re: Get expert answers to all your beauty questions

• I have a couple questions one being what is the best shampoo and conditioner to use on color treated wavy blonde hair to make it look shinny instead of dull and frizzy? My other question is what is the best way to get your hair to grow longer faster. I have heard cruching up maternity pills in shampoo will do the trick but I would like your input. 

Thank you 
  • LenybergLenyberg member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    I was wondering what I can do to make acne scars on my back less noticeable, i'm afraid of makeup and the white dress. Also what are your best tips for under eye circles.
    Thanks!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_get-expert-answers-to-all-your-beauty-questions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:358Discussion:b1e87bbf-d969-41ee-acd0-bc42f3ccd6eaPost:800521c4-83ed-4538-93fe-fb8474779bad">Re: Get expert answers to all your beauty questions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have a couple questions one being what is the best shampoo and conditioner to use on color treated wavy blonde hair to make it look shinny instead of dull and frizzy? My other question is what is the best way to get your hair to grow longer faster. I have heard cruching up maternity pills in shampoo will do the trick but I would like your input.  Thank you 
    Posted by FutureMrsVidal[/QUOTE]

I have color-treated hair, too (blonde highlights) and my hair is also wavy. I found two different shampoos that I love that I think would work for you: I'm obsessed with <a href="http://www.drugstore.com/loreal-everpure-moisture-shampoo-rosemary-juniper/qxp213266?catid=183498&fromsrch=loreal%20shampoo" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">L'Oreal EverPure Moisture Shampoo</a> -- it's sulfate-free so it won't strip your hair of color, but it will still nourish (to give you that shine). I also love <a href="http://chazdean.com/c-2-cleanse.aspx?gclid=CIW3n6-5iq8CFYrb4Aodhk6a0Q" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">Chaz Dean's Wen</a> (you know that hair cleanser you've seen in those late-night infomercials). It's not considered a "shampoo," but it cleans and nourishes hair, and is perfect for color-treated hair because it also doesn't have those harsh chemicals in it that strips your hair of color.

To make your hair grow faster, make sure you're getting enough biotin, iron and B12 in your diet. If you're not, take some vitamins.
    -Ysolt of TheBlush.com
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_get-expert-answers-to-all-your-beauty-questions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:358Discussion:b1e87bbf-d969-41ee-acd0-bc42f3ccd6eaPost:9aa35ee1-e89c-41da-badc-2caaed6c5fd7">Re: Get expert answers to all your beauty questions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was wondering what I can do to make acne scars on my back less noticeable, i'm afraid of makeup and the white dress. Also what are your best tips for under eye circles. Thanks!
    Posted by Lenyberg[/QUOTE]

For acne scars, there are laser treatments at medispas that can get rid of them, but they're so pricy! I have a really dark scar from when my appendix ruptured. I actually tried the <a href="http://www.cleanandclear.com/product/treatments/advantage2-in-1-acne-mark-eraser-kit" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">Clean & Clear Advantage 2-in-1 Acne & Mark Eraser Kit</a>, but it wasn't super-effective because I've had the scar for sooo long. It made it slightly lighter. I think it really depends how long you've had your acne scars. I've also heard that lemon juice works. Try squeezing some lemon juice onto a cotton ball. Apply for 10 or 15 minutes -- see what happens. Hope it works!

For under-eye circles, I have the 2 best tips -- use eye cream day and night. And when you apply it, dab or sweep up (don't sweep down -- gravity!). The other tip is -- drink a lot of water! If you get enough water (like four 16 oz. Poland Spring bottles), it should make all the difference in your eyes!
    -Ysolt of TheBlush.com
  • I have a keloid on my back. How can I treat it and how can I cover it for my wedding?
  • jtolyjtoly member
    First Comment
    I know tanning is very bad for your skin, I have done college reports on it, however I have been tanning only once a week and starting at only 6 min moving up one min per week. I usually have SPF 15 on my face when I go but last week I forgot and moved up and burned my face. I'm truely disappointed I did this to myself since my face is now peeling. My question is, should I get a facial done to remove all the dead skin or does it need to heal first? My wedding is in 7 weeks and I'd like to have my nice glow back.
    ~jenn~ Photobucket Anniversary
  • Thanks, I will definitely try the lemon juice.
    And I know I have been lacking in the water department so hopfully I will notice a difference when I start drinking more!!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_get-expert-answers-to-all-your-beauty-questions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:358Discussion:b1e87bbf-d969-41ee-acd0-bc42f3ccd6eaPost:bf321f69-ac65-4d76-8d59-b278c2a79753">Re:Get expert answers to all your beauty questions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know tanning is very bad for your skin, I have done college reports on it, however I have been tanning only once a week and starting at only 6 min moving up one min per week. I usually have SPF 15 on my face when I go but last week I forgot and moved up and burned my face. I'm truely disappointed I did this to myself since my face is now peeling. My question is, should I get a facial done to remove all the dead skin or does it need to heal first? My wedding is in 7 weeks and I'd like to have my nice glow back.
    Posted by jtoly[/QUOTE]

OMG -- girl, you're not alone! This is a common tale... But please please please, don't get a facial anytime soon. It might irritate your skin even more. The good news is, I think with 7 weeks to go, you should be fine. Wait for it to heal before you get a facial. In the meantime, Step 1: just cleanse, Step 2: tone (use Neutrogena's Alcohol-Free Toner with a cotton ball; it's gentle), Step 3: moisturize. The toner helps seal in the moisture, so it'll help you get your glow back on!
    -Ysolt of TheBlush.com
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_get-expert-answers-to-all-your-beauty-questions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:358Discussion:b1e87bbf-d969-41ee-acd0-bc42f3ccd6eaPost:9aa35ee1-e89c-41da-badc-2caaed6c5fd7">Re: Get expert answers to all your beauty questions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was wondering what I can do to make acne scars on my back less noticeable, i'm afraid of makeup and the white dress. Also what are your best tips for under eye circles. Thanks!
    Posted by Lenyberg[/QUOTE]

Also, I was talking to a girl here at work... She has some experience with acne scars, too. Here's what she says:
    <span style="font-family:'Tahoma','sans-serif';color:black;font-size:10pt;">
    "I actually struggled with this for a long time - there is no quick fix but increasing the cell turnover and encouraging the shedding of old cells that 'trap' the scars by using a retinoid (like Differin or Retin-a) helps a LOT - it just takes time. You can usually see a noticeable difference within 3 months. They can only get that with an Rx from a dermatologist! PLUS an added benefit is anti-aging! WIN WIN!"</span>
    -Ysolt of TheBlush.com
  • jtolyjtoly member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_get-expert-answers-to-all-your-beauty-questions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:358Discussion:b1e87bbf-d969-41ee-acd0-bc42f3ccd6eaPost:fe033253-5dc1-4ff6-9432-7bc7146c01fa">Re:Get expert answers to all your beauty questions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Get expert answers to all your beauty questions : OMG -- girl, you're not alone! This is a common tale... But please please please, don't get a facial anytime soon. It might irritate your skin even more. The good news is, I think with 7 weeks to go, you should be fine. Wait for it to heal before you get a facial. In the meantime, Step 1: just cleanse, Step 2: tone (use Neutrogena's Alcohol-Free Toner with a cotton ball; it's gentle), Step 3: moisturize. The toner helps seal in the moisture, so it'll help you get your glow back on!
    Posted by Blush Ysolt[/QUOTE]

Thank you for answering, I was going to go soon so I'm glad I asked. I'm almost done peeling and was wondering how long should I actually wait to get a facial?
    ~jenn~ Photobucket Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_get-expert-answers-to-all-your-beauty-questions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:358Discussion:b1e87bbf-d969-41ee-acd0-bc42f3ccd6eaPost:91cc9aed-423f-4e3d-9dd1-e38c41f1af66">Re:Get expert answers to all your beauty questions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Get expert answers to all your beauty questions : Thank you for answering, I was going to go soon so I'm glad I asked. I'm almost done peeling and was wondering how long should I actually wait to get a facial?
    Posted by jtoly[/QUOTE]

I'd wait a couple of days after your face is no longer burnt before you get a facial. Also, when you finally go for a facial, just let the esthetician know and she/he will use a more gentle treatment than the usual. Good luck!
    -Ysolt of TheBlush.com
  • Have you tried Rodan and Fields Dermatologists products.? The Unblemish regimen works well on acne scars. The Soothe regimen works on red , irritated and sensitive skin and the Reverse works for brown spots , dullness and sun damage.  Take a look at my Rodan and Fields site and click on to the "Solution Tools" .  The doctors will recommend a regimen for your skin type and problems after you answer some questions.  You can purchase what you need on- line and try it for 60 days.  If your not happy with the results you simply send back the used containers and get all your money back..What do you have to lose but your skin issues?  look at my site and contact me if youhave any questions..you will love these products!!   https://iLangman.myrandf.com

or :  facebook.com/IrisLangmanSkincare

wishing you all a wonderful and happy wedding with skin you'll be proud of for lifeSmile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards