Arizona-Phoenix

Wedding party gifts

What is traditional for wedding party gifts?? Flask, shirt??? Confused! :-P
Anniversary Trying to Conceive Ticker

Re: Wedding party gifts

• edited December 2011

What I have heard is that you are supposed to shop like it is thier birthday. 

We are just having one stand up on each side (his sister is my MOH and my Brother is his best man) so, we have it a little easier.  We are not sure what we are going to get my brother yet.  But, I got his sister a coach clutch at the coach outlet.  They were having a sale so it was about $38.  

We also bought the MOH's dress and jewelry and my brothers entire day of outfit.  Many people consider that to be the gift, and we do too.  We just wanted to give them a little token of affection on the day of.  FI's sister and her family are traveling form MI so we figure they are spending a lot to be a part of our day.

11/6/2010
    Planning Bio
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you for the great advice!! My MOH is 17.... so I"ll have to find something age appropriate... I like the clutch idea! My sister loves fun purses... so that's a great idea :) 
  • edited December 2011
    hi, I bought my moh and bridesmaid their dresses. For gifts i got them cute  bags at The Wedding Superstore in cavecreek. I filled the bags with booty socks and flipflops so they can choose comfort at the reception. Necklaces and bracelets for the big day. a beauty supply kit (tweezers, scissors, etc) to help w any emergencies, vintage candy ( think 1980's lifesavers, etc) I am also buying their shoes.  For the two groomsmen we got flasks engraved with their names and the date at Things remembered.  they have a beautiful seletion in all price ranges.  Got my dad a sterling silver keychain that says "Forever your girl" on one side and Love u daddy on the other.  Got all grandmothers and his mom a sterling silver heart key chain that says their name on one side. Mom, etc. and the other side says love me n my FI and the wedding date.  Got my mom a sterling silver heart shaped jewelery box when u open plays "what a wonderful world" and had it engraved ontop letting her know how glad i am she is part of my life and my wedding day.  I got a 20% off discount at things remembered because i am a bride.  call before you go in and tell them you were told you can get a discount then write down who you talked to.  :-) 
  • edited December 2011
    I got my bridesmaids a really pretty black diamond necklace, I did not care if they wore it on the wedding day, I just thought they would all like it, they all choose to wear it that day.  I also got them flip flops to change into for the wedding.

For the Groomsmen my H picked out things based on their personalities.  He got one an inflatable bar for his pool, one an inflatable beer pong table for the lake, one an Air Force cyclying jersey and I am spacing on what we got the fourth one.

We stayed clear of the flask/cufflink traditional groomsmen gifts because all of the guys have been in a lot of wedding recently, my H has like 5 flaskes with his initials engraved on them.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • guamibearguamibear member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Where is the Coach outlet?
  • edited December 2011

Guamibear - For work I have a territory in CA.  There are several there.  There is also one in Vegas  We were supposed to get one in Anthem but they didn't end up putting it in. 

If you are traveling you can check the following link to see if there is one near you.

http://www.coach.com/online/handbags/StoreLocatorFactoryView?storeId=10551&catalogId=10051&langId=-1

11/6/2010
    Planning Bio
  • edited December 2011
    I am planning on getting each of my girls something different because they are unique individuals who wouldn't normally wear the same type of clothing or jewelry. I will pick things that they can choose to wear in the wedding if they want to. As a bridesmaid, I once received one of those martini glasses that they have all the different kinds (I'm blanking on the name). I really liked it though. Everyone got a glass but they were all a little different so it showed some thought. :)
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you all this really helps a lot :) I love all of your ideas! I saw the bags at the wedding super store :) I thought they were super cute too, and I saw that they had one for the flower girl too!
  • guamibearguamibear member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Icarp!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards