Christian Weddings

First names or screen names?

Lately I have been trying to address people on this board by their first name if I can because addressing someone as a screen name seems so impersonal. But, I don't want to make people share their first names because I know that you have to be careful what you share online. So my question is- do you girls prefer that I say, "Thanks Sally" or "Thanks "weddingwoman321"?

Re: First names or screen names?

• edited December 2011
    Haha- totally made up those names, btw- random, I know. 
  • uneek1323uneek1323 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    If someone has their profile set to private, I would imagine they don't want people to know their name. Otherwise, anyone can come here and click on SN's and see people's first names.
    **TTCAL** A little Irish cuteness- Cillian Murphy
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC #1 since December 2011
    Dx: Hypothyroidism, PCOS, one test away from confirming DOR
    BFP #1 1/16/12 EDD 9/16/12 m/c 1/26/12 }Sweet Pea{
    BFP #2 10/18/12 EDD 6/29/13 cp 10/24/12 }Bug{
    BFP #3 11/22/12 EDD 8/1/13 m/c 12/7/12 }Turkey{
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Mah Chart * Mah Literary Blog * Mah Other Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic image
    ~*~Everyone is welcome~*~
  • fpaemp2011fpaemp2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I prefer Emily.  I wish I had thought of that when I signed up for TK, but I didn't even know the boards existed...or that I would end up posting on them regularly.
  • DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I generally only use real names if someone has used it on the board.  If someone refers to themselves and fi/H as their first name, then I will too.  If they don't do that, I will refer to them as screen name, even though I could theoretically click on their profile to see their name.
  • edited December 2011
    You can call me Shoes, or Cathy is fine too.
  • edited December 2011
    You can call me Joyful, though calling me by my name wouldn't be much different :)
  • mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm okay with Sarah. :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • edited December 2011
    I would find it a little weird if someone on TK called me by first name unless I had told them what it was. I have mentioned it a few times on here, but not a lot. I'd prefer my SN, but that is just me.
  • edited December 2011
    My first name is in my screen name already so it doesn't make too much difference to me.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • MrsTucker2011MrsTucker2011 member
    edited December 2011
    I'd prefer my screen name. If I wanted it to be my real name, I would've put it in there. Besides, that's what FB is for IMO. ;)
    Anniversary An engaged woman is always more agreeable than a disengaged. She is satisfied with herself. Her cares are over, and she feels that she may exert all her powers of pleasing without suspicion. All is safe with a lady engaged; no harm can be done. ~Jane Austen BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I prefer my FN, which is whyit's in my SN :) I think it's weird getting advice from "strangers without faces"
    Bio!
    Updated 8/9!
  • SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've gotten used to being called Summer, but I know my name is in my bio which is in my siggy, plus I've met a bunch of the girls on my local in real life at G2G's and at a bridal fashion show so they usually address me by my first name, and we're also Facebook friends. So either or doesn't bother me.
  • azdancer8azdancer8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm okay with either. It's kind of cool to be called az or dancer or whatever, but you can also call me Julie. :)
  • edited December 2011
    Either b2b, bridetobe, or Beth.  I don't care lol.

CW Siggy : Favorite Flower
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Any and all God created. Each one is a masterpiece. :)

I'm married!! As of May 1st, 2011. :)

Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    edited December 2011
    I don't mind being called by my FN.  Like someone else said, it's in my profile.  Either is fine (SN or FN).
  • edited December 2011
    Makes no difference to me, although I know from time to time on here I have used both SN and names depending on if I actually know the real name or not.  I think using the SN can be a "safer" way to go, unless people specifically say to use their name.  :-)
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • edited December 2011
    I honestly answer to both. I made up the word "kalizoomba" in middle school - and since then, i've had a few friends who call me "Kali" considering it's my username for everything, I'm pretty used to it. FI just started calling me Kali a few weeks ago too.

So either Tiffany  or Kali is fine
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the preferences! I understand those of you who don't want to be called by your first name because these are public boards- one of the reasons why I don't have any pictures of my face on here. I just figured I'd ask so as to not offend anyone. 

As for me, part of my name is in my sn anyway- so it doesn't matter to me either! 
  • edited December 2011
    My name is Amanda if you want to call me that.  It's in my sig, so not too private, lol.  A lot of people call me Sessions, which will be my new last name, and I've kinda grown fond of it, lol.
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • edited December 2011
    ya..you can call me lilies, or amongthelilies, or Monica. 

mine and my FI's name is in my Sig...so i don't mind. (: 
  • twixinthemixtwixinthemix member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can call me Twix or Erin....I don't care either way!

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
    Erin has read 1 book toward her goal of 25 books.
    hide
    Follow Me on Pinterest Married Bio and For Sale! Updated 12/23
    "And now you stand before me today, and with all my heart I say, that you are God's miracle to me." June 18th, 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards