Illinois
Options

Champaign-Urbana area venues

I am planning on getting married next year, and am having tons of trouble finding a venue! PLEASE HELP! I'd like to find a pretty much all inclusive venue, so I'm not blinsdsided by a bunch of added costs. We are also on a pretty tight budget since we are funding the whole event ourselves. We've found a couple places but they were either out of our price range, or we can't use them because we are not affiliated with the university. We do have a couple hotels to look at in the area yet (iHotel and Hilton to name a couple, so if you have any experiance with those let me know). If you have any ideas please send them my way! Much appreciated!!!!!

Re: Champaign-Urbana area venues

• Options
    croth1croth1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    iHotel is beautiful, but pretty expensive.  Have you looked at Allerton yet?  it's outside of town, but it's the prettiest venue around.

Also, I would recommend stone creek, its in Urbana, and the golf course serves as a great back drop for pictures.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've heard The Refinery does a nice job. I haven't been there but have seen gorgeous photos. I've been to 3 weddings at the Holiday Inn in Urbana and the food there was very good. The Laborers Union Hall is also very nice. Has a very unique circular layout. Their catering isn't fantastic, but it's alright. The school I work at has used it for a lot of their proms and I've been to some receptions there.

DJ/Entertainment businesses would be great to ask about venues. They have typically worked in a variety of places and usually take pictures of their work. Star Talent Events is what I am going with and they can make any venue amazing looking. I think their main office is in Mahomet.
  • Options
    I don't know how far you want to go from Champain, but there is a winery in Marshall Il.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards