Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

First dance song, Help!!!

We are having a hard time finding a song for our first dance.  What did you use and what do you suggest.  Also is there a website that we can go to in order to listen to the songs? I will take any help, we need to find a song soon so we can start our dance lessons. 

Thanks

Re: First dance song, Help!!!

• Options
    tpender13tpender13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is going to be a really personal choice that only you and your FI can make. You should pick something that you like or has meaning to you. It's hard to suggest something not knowing anything about you or your music tastes.

FI and I are dancing to Semisonic's "Secret Smile" We both love Minnesota music, and the people from this band in particular, and the song really fits us.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Think about a song that always makes you think of each other or that was playing when you first kiseed or anything else meaningful.  If you two are not big music peeople, talk to your DJ,  describe your relationship and your DJ should be able to list some songs to consider
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Try weddingwire.com. Has your DJ given you any suggestions or a packet of info? I know ours did.

We danced to "Then" by Brad Paisley. I am a big country music fan (but realize not everyone is). It held a special meaning for us, and even though H is not a huge fan of country, he can tolerate it.
  • Options
    abbyosu1211abbyosu1211 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did a lot of searching for this one also..... I mean weeks lol.  Google is a great tool, and also your dj can help a lot.  We are dancing to man and wife by michelle featherstone.  Good luck
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I feel like your first dance song should have some special meaning between you and your fiance. We are dancing to "I Swear" by All 4 One. My fiance and I have been dating since high school and he told me when we first started talking that this would be our wedding song. I didn't believe him at the time! Woops!
    "Came but for friendship and took away love" Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used weddingmuseum for some ideas, but in the end i just talked to FI and we picked together. Or maybe your DJ has some ideas....

It was also a tough choice for us because we don't like country music or overplayed songs but we are also taking dance lessons.

We ended up with Van Morrison's Crazy Love. It's a short song, has an easy beat to dance to and it's a bit romantic sounding.

Good luck!
    My Planning Website Tied The Knot on 12-4-10! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards